Senior Assistant Dean
Requisition # 2017-7957
Date Posted 4 days ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Responsible for articulating the mission of Princeton University and conveying its policies and procedures to applicants, parents, guidance counselors, alumni and University personnel.
Resume and cover letter are required.
All officers are actively involved in the selection of the incoming first-year class, and assisting with the transition from high school to college. Providing group presentations at high schools and college nights, as well as conducting on-campus information sessions. Reading, evaluating and summarizing applications for admission; handling correspondence and phone inquiries.
Position requires approximately 4-5 weeks of travel, primarily in the fall. Involves additional time commitment (including weekends and extended hours) for at least four months of the year.
Making public presentations about Princeton University's undergraduate academic and extracurricular programs and resources, and admission and financial aid policies and procedures to a variety of audiences (both on and off campus): e.g., secondary school students and counselors, parents and Princeton's Alumni Schools Committees.
Travel: Planning, scheduling and implementing four to five weeks of travel a year to visit secondary schools and meet with Princeton Alumni Schools Committee members. Attend college nights, and coordinate regional evening programs.
This individual will lead by example and mentor junior staff members. The successful candidate will also be asked to contribute to senior-level internal meetings and to assist in the decision-making process on all levels.
- Bachelor's degree; master's degree preferred
- Six or more years of admission (or related) experience
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Must be able to relate positively to a variety of interests, backgrounds and points of view by using tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to exercise good judgment while working collegially in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with and a willingness to learn technology and data driven systems
- Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Exercise good judgment in a variety of challenging conditions
- High energy level
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Resourcefulness, initiative and motivation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.