Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Professional Research Assistant
The Paleoecology, Palynology and Climate Change Laboratory in the Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences at the University of Colorado Denver, is hiring for a part-time research assistant (20-25 hrs/week), to help manage the lab, assist with outside contracts, and ongoing research projects. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain the laboratory setting (i.e. stocking chemicals and supplies, frequent cleanings, organizing, assuring compliance with safety protocols, and other general lab management tasks), equipment, and field gear
- Process, analyze and interpret pollen, charcoal, and geochemistry data in lake sediments, bee products, and archeological contexts.
- Assist with field trip planning and participate (i.e. coring lake sediments and working with honey bees and bee hives)
- Assist in training students in laboratory protocols and procedures
A cover letter and cv/resume is required to apply. Inquiries about the position should be directed to Dr. Briles (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
The minimum qualification for this position is a Bachelor's degree.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 11097
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications (cover letter)
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30102 - CLAS-Geography
Posting Date: Sep 12, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 17, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Lindsie Haggerty
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00356335