*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Dermatology, Charles C. Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Biology, Gates Biomanufacturing Facility
Materials Coordinator (Research Services Professional)
Position #738134 - Requisition 11035
The Charles C. Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Biology has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Materials Coordinator (Research Services Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Charles C. Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Biology has an opening for a full-time Research Services Professional at the newly established Gates Biomanufacturing Facility. The Gates Biomanufacturing Facility is an academic GMP manufacturing facility dedicated to the development and manufacture of novel biological therapies for early phase human clinical trials. This position will be responsible for the coordination and management of the supply chain at the Gates Biomanufacturing Facility.
Example of Work Performed:
- Implement and operate a quality/cGMP based procurement program for the acquisition of capital equipment, ingredients, and raw materials for the purposes of pharmaceutical production.
- Oversee a quality/GMP based procurement program for the acquisition of consumables, ingredients, and raw materials for the purposes of pharmaceutical production.
- Develop and implement supply chain, materials handling and other key quality operational SOPs at the new facility.
- Establish specifications for equipment, ingredients and raw materials in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts.
- Source appropriate vendors to fulfill established specifications.
- Identify new and secondary source vendors for the realization of forecasted product.
- Establish minimum buy levels for all controlled materials and coordinate lead times with ongoing projects and forecasts.
- Oversee receiving inspection and coordinate raw materials testing with Quality Control.
- Communicate reports on a periodic and on-demand basis for manufacturing capability.
- Administer, in conjunction with the Director of Quality Assurance, the supplier quality assurance program; act as contact for process monitoring systems.
- Administer an automated asset system for calibration and maintenance.
- Administer service contracts for cGMP services including maintenance and calibration including scheduling of services in accord with ongoing project and forecasts.
- Manage vendor contracts including aspects of supplier corrective action procedures.
- Oversee GBF safety program including personal protective equipment testing, safety data sheet availability, updating of chemical declaration and awareness of these systems.
- Coordinate lab supply levels with GBF personnel.
- Execute financial and movement transactions in an MRP system; maintain MRP system date for new vendors, products, materials, and BOMs.
- Stock materials in appropriate areas and segregate as needed; kit materials in accord with BOMs and site specifications.
- Secure and inventory all materials including finished product in accord with their environmental requirements including cryogenic freezing.
- Administer cryogenic inventory software and barcoding software.
- Act as contact for process monitoring.
- Manage multiple offsite vendor locations for JIT shipping.
- Administer quarantine of materials programs in conjunction with Non-Conformance Processes.
- Administer segregation, quarantine and recall of calibrated items including Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and signage of instruments and equipment.
- Act as a liaison between the GBF and UC Denver Purchasing Personnel.
- Print and inspect label materials for finished product and secondary packaging.
- Perform cycle counts and inventory at end of projects and at specified periods to ensure adequate financial tracking.
- Train contractor and service personal as directed; train materials management personnel, as needed.
- Compile information and results into meaningful formats to ensure content is appropriately represented.
- Package materials in accord with site materials.
- Coordinate the receipt and distribution of customer owned property.
- Coordinate shipping of materials to customer sites as defined in the quality management system.
- Present vendor analysis through statistical trending and reporting of key performance indicators (KPI).
- Reconcile MRP and materials inventories with GBF finance.
- Maintain materials areas in accord with good housekeeping practices.
- Procure medical grad gas sources and ensure stock levels meet development and production forecast.
- Assist in cleaning of common spaces.
- Transport materials to required areas including to and from offsite.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Business, Business Management or other directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of purchase and/or supply chain management experience.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience working in a JIT manufacturing setting related to BOM assemblies as well as finished product.
- Experience working with multiple client driven orders and procurement timelines.
- Experience with MRP type systems for the quoting, minimum by levels and control of vendors.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to effectively present data.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment including in provided garments.
- A team-oriented, self-start capable of operating independently in a start-up environment.
- Provide exceptional customer service to users of the facility
- Work in a professional and collaborative manner with coworkers and prospective users.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Gabriel Orosco at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Sep 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Gabriel Orosco
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00738134