*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Adult and Child Consortium for Outcomes Research and Delivery Science (ACCORDS)
Administrative Assistant (Administrative Assistant II)
Position #738764 - Requisition 11080
ACCORDS has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant (Administrative Assistant II) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
This position is to serve as Administrative Assistant for Adult and Child Consortium for Outcomes Research and Delivery Science (ACCORDS). ACCORDS is a program of research of the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine. The Program conducts comparative effectiveness, health outcomes, health services, and primary care research.
The Administrative Assistant for ACCORDS is a full-time position that will be responsible for supporting the administrative needs of the program to include but not limited to: answering phones, scheduling meetings, event support, purchasing, copying/filing, creating and distributing correspondence and coordinating travel for other members of the ACCORDS team.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provide logistical and administrative support of special events and projects such as: consortium meetings; training events; retreats; compiling presentation materials and handouts; and prospective faculty members' visits.
- Conduct administrative aspects of recruitment, including travel arrangements, room reservations and other administrative needs.
- As needed assist core directors and other ACCORDS project managers with scheduling research meetings; compiling agendas; handling related correspondence, communication, and scheduling; and composing minutes for the official record.
- Assist the HR manager with maintenance of office files including sensitive and confidential employee information, and employee personnel files.
- Employ university procurement card to complete outside vendor purchases to meet program needs, including: purchase, development of requisitions, and compiling procurement documentation.
- Arrange and reimburse travel for ACCORDS staff.
- Coordinate with program personnel on office supply necessities; utilize CU Marketplace to input and track office supply orders to maintain sufficient stock of necessary supplies.
- Coordinate/manage the ACCORDS business directors' calendar, which includes: determining the appropriateness of meeting requests, length and locations of meetings, and suggested meeting invitees. Coordinate with program faculty schedules/calendars as needed. May require coordination with existing administrative personnel.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Business Director.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $37,000 - $40,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two years of general clerical experience.
Substitution: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Bachelor's degree from an accreted college or university with a preference in a business related field.
- Experience working with University of Colorado software such as Concur (or other travel process software), PeopleSoft, m-Fin, and HCM.
- Experience working in a university or healthcare environment.
- Experience creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations and reports using electronic software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience planning meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Experience working with web-based meetings.
- Experience utilizing electronic scheduling software, such as MS Outlook, for arranging meetings with multiple attendees, conferences, and special events.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proactive with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work products.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency using all Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency with all office equipment, including but not limited to; telecommunications system, A/V equipment, fax machine, photocopier, general usage PC and peripherals required.
- Professional telephone etiquette is essential.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Kayla LaPerriere at Kayla.LaPerriere@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21628 - SOM-COHO Center
Posting Date: Sep 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kayla LaPerriere
Posting Contact Email: Kayla.LaPerriere@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00738764