Transfer Credit and Degree Audit Specialist
University of Colorado Denver
Office of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Advising
Transfer Credit and Degree Audit Specialist
(Official Title: Academic Services Senior Professional)
Position #300036 - Requisition 11087
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The CLAS Advising Office has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Transfer Credit and Degree Audit Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Academic advising is recognized within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) as an integral part to fulfilling the teaching and learning mission of the College. This full-time, University Staff (unclassified) position will work with a team of academic advisors to intentionally guide students through the educational process and with achieving the fundamental goals of higher education at the University of Colorado Denver.
Among the essential tools that advisors utilize to efficiently and effectively monitor students' degree progress is the degree audit system. The position is responsible for the design and implementation of the day to day CLAS internal transfer credit and degree audit workflow for new students. The position oversees the internal functional maintenance of the degree audit system to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the academic program requirements stored within the degree audit system. The position collaborates with the Registrar's Office to test and implement system enhancements and system upgrades associated with the degree audit tool. The position coordinates the course evaluation process within the College for course equivalency and in order to build transfer tables. This position will establish and maintain an internal record of University and College policies and procedures, academic advising best practices, and other historical repositories to ensure accuracy and consistencies of application of transfer credits to academic requirements within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences degrees and the Colorado Department of Higher Education Guarantee Transfer Pathways curriculum policy requirements.
- Research, analyze, and resolve student discrepancies as they relate to transfer credit evaluation and degree audit system.
- Develop recommendations for implementing new and enhanced technology applications to support the services offered by the CLAS Academic Advising Office.
- Work in cooperation with the CLAS Dean's Office, Associate and Assistant Dean, CLAS Academic Advising leadership, and Registrar's Office in preparing supporting data for internal and external reports.
- Contribute to prospective students' events and visitations programs with the CU Denver Admissions Office.
- Represent CLAS on specific University and College committee that may include CLAS Educational Policy and Curriculum Committee, Core Curriculum Oversight Committee, and Degree Audit Coordinators Committee.
- Build efficiencies to support students' advising experience and services within the academic community with a high standard of customer service.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- 2 years of professional experience providing academic advising to students in a post-secondary setting. (Para-professional experience cannot be substituted for professional experience).
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1 year of experience in higher education, including knowledge and experience in the area of transfer articulation, and degree audit systems.
- Proven experience working with enrollment management programs that included orientation, early alert systems, probation and suspension programs, transfer student initiatives, and/or other recruitment and retention activities.
- Progressive background and experience with transfer credit evaluation.
- Successful experience working with faculty.
- Successful experience enforcing and explaining complex College and University policies.
- Significant experience cultivating relationships within the College and with other student and academic affairs units on campus.
- Established experience and skills utilizing technology that support academic advising practices (Banner, PeopleSoft, DARS, CU SIS, or other student information system), document imaging systems (Singularity/OnBase, etc.).
- Demonstrated excellent communication (oral/written) skills and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in working with students from diverse backgrounds and within a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and within a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work as part of as a member of a team and within a collaborative work environment.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, analytical and technical skills.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects and requests, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated passion for working with students from entry to graduation within a high volume setting.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, and highly motivated.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheryl Coffey, Sheryl.Coffey@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by September 28, 2017. Those who do not apply by September 28th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30089 - CLAS-Advising
Posting Date: Sep 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheryl Coffey
Posting Contact Email: Sheryl.Coffey@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00300036