Job Title Executive Chef
Posting Number 20170077EX
Type of Employment Regular Full-Time
Position Type Staff - Exempt(Monthly)
Department Dining and Racer Hospitality Svcs
In conjunction with the Director of Dining Services, serves as a member of the senior team for all of Dining Services and Racer Hospitality. As part of this team, assists the Director of Dining with long-range planning, facilities renovations, and program elements.
Minimum Education Requirements
A.A.S. in Culinary Arts or Hotel Restaurant Management.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• Five years as chef / manager in a large high volume or standalone medium volume (over $10 Million) restaurant/food service facility with an emphasis on retail sales and catering.
• Excellent management skills in the areas of food production, food quality and food safety.
• Good interpersonal written and verbal skills.
• The ability to train, mentor and motivate staff members. Good decision maker in a fast paced, high volume environment.
• Computer and Microsoft Office competency and the ability to prepare financial reports.
• Best practices for cost and quality control.
• Ability to lift at least 60 lbs from the floor using proper lifting technique.
• Display a professional image and attitude. Understand business economics and principles of managing business growth.
Preferred Education and/or Experience Qualifications
Food Management System and Caterease familiarity a plus.
Posting Date 09/12/2017