Position Number 003025
Position Classification Title Business Officer
Functional Title Business Officer
Position Type Staff
UNCG Online: The Division of Online Learning extends the resources of the University through traditional and non-traditional instruction programs conducted on and off campus for local, regional, statewide, national and international audiences. Some programs offer academic credit or professional certification units. Others are non-credit and are open to interested persons regardless of educational background. Our team is a diverse group of educators, program managers, project managers, graphic and video artists, programmers, editors, customer service personnel and financial and registration staff, who work in close contact to achieve the highest quality learning experiences possible throughout all our programs. UNCG Online is currently seeking interested and qualified candidates to consider for the Business Officer Position.
The position's primary responsibilities are the administration and direction of the Division's fiscal operations; budget analysis, planning and development; financial reporting; business operations. The Division's budgets are supported by funds from state allocations and revenue from receipt-based self-supporting courses and projects of the Division. The position establishes work standards and procedures to meet deadlines, maximize efficiency and productivity levels to meet the goals of the Budgets and Financial Services unit. Establish performance goals that emphasize accuracy, customer service and time management. Responsibilities include facilitation and management of financial resources that may be state appropriated, contracts and grants, and/or receipt generated. There are a range of financial and business related duties associated with specialized areas such as accounting, budgeting, and auditing. Responsibilities of the UNCG Online Business Officer include financial management, personnel administration/management, payroll, purchasing, inventory control, facilities coordination/planning, and other business management related work. Tasks include interpretation and implementation of state and University policies, oversight of accounts reconciliation, maintenance and reporting of financial data, financial projections, cash/receipts management, personnel planning, and facilities management, and the organization of work and the supervision of others.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, OR RELATED BUSINESS AREA; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
-Experience with UNC System Budget Management (including SHRA and EHRA position management)
-Experience with Banner Finance and Banner HR
-Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
-Exceptional communication, written, and interpersonal skills, with attention to detail and service
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $55,372 - $63,464
Org #-Department UNCG Online - 10302
Work Hours of Position 8 A.M - 5 P.M, M-F (may have some flexibility)
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Band Business Officer
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
1) Business Administration - Ability to independently manage a variety of business functions with dynamic funding sources and/or a variety of functional activities, programs, and/or services. Ability to interpret and/or modify policies and procedures to facilitate and ensure the application of sound business practices. Ability to interpret, modify, and monitor internal policies.
2) Financial Management - Ability to conduct financial management responsibilities in an organization primarily funded by a variety of dynamic and multidimensional funding sources (e.g., multiple contracts and grants, receipts, etc.). Thorough knowledge of the applicable accounting and budgeting practices and ability to contribute to budget development and/or capital expense proposals. Ability to frequently serve as an internal resource on financial matters. Ability to perform budget analyses and conduct budgetary forecasting in a financial environment with varied resources.
3) Human Resource Management - Ability to function in a full supervisory role for direct reports. May require the ability to serve
as a resource to other supervisors in the selection process. Ability to develop and implement work plans. Ability to conduct performance reviews. Ability to identify and implement career progression adjustments. Ability to plan for staffing needs and workload distribution for multi-functional areas. May require the ability to identify funding source(s) for staffing.
4) Information Analysis and Decision-Making - Ability to assess and resolve unprecedented problems that require research and review of
policy and procedures. Ability to resolve problems or compliance issues. Ability to analyze moderately complex business operations and financial statements. Ability to make recommendations for approval.
Open Date 09/13/2017
Close Date 09/27/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 73
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience using BannerHR?
- * Do you have experience with Banner Finance?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu