Lecturer of Business Management
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000228
Job Title Lecturer of Business Management
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for an Lecturer in Business Management, beginning Spring 2018.
This is a non-tenure-track position, that will be responsible for teaching 4 courses per semester, participating in service activities such as curriculum development, student recruiting, program assessment, program development and leadership, student advisement, and committee leadership.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- An earned doctoral degree in Management, preferably from an AACSB-accredited institution.
- ABD's will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate and MBA level courses in * Management such as Management Strategy, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management and Specialty HR courses.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Significant business or industry experience is desirable.
- Experience using technology in teaching, and experience teaching hybrid web or online courses.
- Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff, and faculty.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial graduate transcript http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com. For additional information, contact Dr. Karen Shumway via email at Karen.Shumway@untdallas.edu. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Are you currently employed within the Department of Business?
- Cover Letter
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching philosophy
- Graduate transcript
- Post graduate transcript
- PhD or other Doctoral Degree