Nurse Clinical Research I
The Nurse Clinical Research I will assist in clinical trials through evaluations and treatments of study subjects along with the attending physician and/or Principal Investigator. Essential duties of this position include, but are not limited to, daily screening to recruit subjects, as well as monitoring and instituting therapies and documentation related to research subjects and studies. This position will be responsible for maintaining accurate records and assisting in filing necessary regulatory paperwork.
The successful candidate will learn and follow good clinical practices in the conduct of research protocols, as well as assist the principal investigator with the reporting of serious adverse events. Furthermore, this position will assist in ensuring the welfare of study subjects, and self-evaluates work for completeness, accuracy and compliance to protocol.
The University of Kentucky, an academic medical center, has maintained a strong strategic focus on clinical research and has made significant investments in the development and expansion of core research facilities, as well as the ability to strengthen engagement and translation of research. Come join our team to see what makes UK one great place to work!
Nurse Clinical Research I
7H025:CANCER CENTER-CORE SUPPORT
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The essential job functions of this position require you to: communicate and build working relationships with staff, faculty and individuals from diverse backgrounds; abide by University guidelines; maintain confidentiality; prioritize and manage work effectively; provide exceptional customer service and positively represent the university; ensure work is detailed, accurate and completed in a timely manner; lift, push, and/or pull objects up to 50lbs; stand or walk with objects up to 25lbs; and possible exposure to radiation, cuts/punctures, bloodborne/airborne pathogens, and/or challenging individuals.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The ideal candidate must be customer service oriented and have effective time management, planning and organizational, attention to detail, observation, decision making and analytical skills. This individual must be a team player and possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with a strong respect for diversity, high emotional intelligence and confidentiality. In addition, we are looking for experience with Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of clinical trial standards.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
A strong clinical knowledge base, as well as a basic knowledge of study documentation and data management is preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid employment experience working with clinical trials.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter