Pharmacist Clinical Staff/UKHC
Kentucky Children's Hospital - Provides Pharmaceutical Care to pediatric patients in an inpatient hospital and infusion center settings. Reviews, interprets, and verifies written and electronic orders to ensure appropriate drug therapy has been prescribed for admitted patients. Compounds and dispenses chemotherapy and other medications upon receiving written (i.e. electronic) orders from physicians. Provides direction and supervision of pharmacy students, interns and technical staff, and confirms the quality and accuracy of dispensed products. Maintains inventory and records of narcotics and other forms of drugs. Contacts and confers with physicians and other practitioners to optimize drug therapy. This will also include active participation on patient care rounds, medication reconciliation, review of patient profiles, utilizing pharmacist authority, and provision of pharmacokinetic consults.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered).
Pharmacist Clinical Staff/UKHC
Pharmacist Clinical Staff/UKHC - Peds Hem/Onc Hospital
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
May include sitting and/or standing for greater than 5 hrs at a time; may require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and/or lift up to 25lbs.
Primarily 8a - 4p; Monday - Friday.
Strong clinical skills; knowledge of inpatient drug distribution and dispensing; ability to prioritize; excellent communication skills; team mentality; desire to teach; and motivation are required to excel in this position.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Pharm D preferred; PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent clinical experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Kentucky?
- * How many years of experience do you have practicing as a licensed pharmacist?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Briefly describe your pharmacy experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you completed or are you currently participating in an ASHP residency program?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter