Administrative Assistant, Assessment and Evaluation
The Administrative Assistant for the Assessment and Evaluation office reports to the Associate Dean for Curricular Integration and Assessment. The Administrative Assistant, Assessment and Evaluation works closely with the Associate Deans for Medical Education, Assessment and Evaluation and Curriculum Support staff, and course and clerkship faculty to coordinate all aspects of assessment and evaluation for the educational program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help implement and track course program evaluation, and outcomes data
- Help implement, and track student assessments and outcomes data
- Analyze, organize, interpret, and present assessment and evaluation data
- Organize and coordinate standard setting on summative assessments
- Coordinate compilation and dissemination of assessment and evaluation data necessary to complete course summary reports, academic period reports, the MSPE and other reports generated by the Office of Assessment and Evaluation
- Help with assembly of student grade sheets and facilitate communication of final grades to students, faculty, and Registrar
- Assist with data preparation for educational research projects, as needed
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Must be an intermediate to advanced user of MS Excel and have experience analyzing quantitative data and presenting data graphically. Basic knowledge of statistics preferred. Must have impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and must demonstrate a high degree of judgement, discretion, and confidentiality. Must have the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, faculty, and students. Must have extensive computing experience and have proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be able to provide own transportation to and from off-site meetings. Early morning, evening, and weekend work may be required during busy assessment cycles.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to: School of Medicine Search Committee, SOMrecruit@hofstra.edu
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.