Content Producer/Public Relations Assistant
The Content Producer/Public Relations Assistant is responsible for writing all types of informational and promotional content for a variety of channels and publications including: brochures, flyers and marketing collateral for admissions, academic departments and events, the University magazine, news site and web site.
The Content Producer/PR Assistant will be expected to nurture relationships across departments and develop a broad understanding of the University’s programs and how those programs tell the University’s story and enhance its brand. The Content Producer/PR Assistant must be equally facile with marketing, advertising, rhetorical and news writing, and be able to translate the University’s core messaging into a variety of voices and styles.
This position, reporting to the Assistant Vice President for University Relations, is also responsible for supporting the functions of the Public Relations team and the Office of University Relations, including media relations, strategic marketing initiatives and special events. This position will require some evening and weekend hours in support of special events and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Crisp, lively writing and excellent communication skills
- An understanding of the publication production process
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in higher education or journalism
- Video shooting and editing skills preferred
- Knowledge of AP style and attention to detail
- Adept at working with internal and external colleagues, clients and vendors across many disciplines and departments (academic, admission, administrators, students, alumni)
- Ability to synthesize the needs, suggestions and edits of multiple constituencies while maintaining brand integrity and messaging
- Experience producing copy for a variety of collateral materials, including brochures, flyers, direct mail and marketing pieces
- Ability to take complex topics and convey them in a compelling, accessible way to a general audience
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to Universityrelations@hofstra.edu. .
Please include “Content Producer/Public Relations Assistant” in the subject line.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.