Parking Supervisor, Events and Transportation- Parking Services
As one of America's finest universities, UCLA has a tradition of advancing higher education and the common good through excellence in scholarship, research and public service. UCLA is California's largest university and a model for public institutions of higher education. Academic excellence, faculty distinction and a comprehensive curriculum are hallmarks of the UCLA experience. The university is an educational and architectural landmark in Los Angeles, attracting thousands of visitors and scholars each year.
We currently have a part-time opening in Events and Transportation- Parking Services for the following position:
The Parking Supervisor will ensure that appropriate customer service standards are maintained and all front-line staff foster performance excellence. Ensure that quality service levels are maintained and customer issues regarding parking operations are resolved to meet the service expectations of the University's visitors and patients. Please note: vehicle management operations are 24/7/365, including holidays. You will be required to be available to work on holidays and weekends on a regular basis.
- Ability to analyze staffing needs to effectively cover a 24 hour operation taking into account daily changes in priority.
- Supervisory skills to effectively manage staff, including training, evaluating and administering necessary discipline.
- Demonstrated skill in directing groups of people, delegating work and supervising.
- Demonstrated skill in making appropriate job decisions following standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to speak on a one-to-one basis, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds to provide information and explain procedures effectively.
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including vacation and sick leave accrual; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan; various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, the University Credit Union, and much more!
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/ and search for Requisition 26254. Alternatively, you may copy/paste the link below into your browser’s address bar:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.