Posting Number: 201301149P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 9
Work Schedule: Work is performed during standard business hours. This position has identified nine (9) months funding. Continuation of this position will be based on availability of funds.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 09/05/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
The Project Archivist is responsible for working independently and as head of a team responsible for processing the papers of former mayor of San Francisco George Moscone. Included in this work is developing a processing plan based on an analysis of the identified series in the collection; overseeing the day-to-day work of student worker(s); providing guidance on best practices for processing; separating materials for confidentiality or preservation purposes; identifying issues that need to be brought to the attention of Archives staff; writing brief series descriptions.
This position has identified nine (9) months funding. Continuation of this position will be based on availability of funds.
1. Survey the initial 89 boxes of the entire collection and identify and remove duplicates and non-substantive materials.
2. Identify materials in need of conservation and/or preservation reproduction.
3. Identify items, folders, or series for digitization and adding to online collection.
4. Create series based on characteristics of materials (topic, chronology, etc).
5. Draft container list of entire collection.
6. Finalize container list by series and write finding aid.
7. Convert finding aid to EAD and post on the Online Archive of California.
8. Scan and create metadata for online materials, and create online digital collection of selected materials.
9. Manage digitization of items using state-of-the-art online archiving technologies, tools, and platforms and reflecting best practices in support of resource discovery and dissemination.
10. Identify and collaborate with partners within the Library and beyond.
11. Develop Special Collections digital exhibits, education sessions, service outreach, and event programming for Moscone Collection.
Graduate degree in library or information science or public history.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work is performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Min $18.81 per hour to Mid $25.30 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/10622
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.