Project Support Specialist
Project Support Specialist
Posting Number: 201301141P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, may require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 09/05/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under minimal supervision and direction, performs a variety of advanced strategic project support services and advanced administrative support to the Dean of the Graduate School.
1. Serves as key contact for Graduate Dean’s office, interacting with individuals from all organizational levels of the University, local community, major business and professional leaders, and benefactors in a professional and congenial manner.
2. Provides project support by performing a variety of activities to support high quality and timely completion of projects in the Graduate School.
3. Provides proactive and advanced administrative support in managing the Graduate Dean’s complex schedule, travels, projects, events and other activities to ensure utmost efficiency. This may include but is not limited to:
4. Provides the department with financial and budget support through monthly review of accounts, processing appropriate payment of charges, verifying expenses, monitoring and reconciling Pro-card activity, timely submissions of expense payment requests.
5. Works collaboratively with individual campus units (colleges, schools, financial aid, etc.) to coordinate the graduate assistant assignment process.
6. Oversees unit’s administrative tasks that may include supervision/direction/training of other administrative roles/staff and student support. Maintains, develops and improves administrative and operational processes as needed.
7. Collaborates with others to ensure Graduate School’s website is relevant and current. Provides technical expertise in a wide range of University supported software applications.
8. Performs other duties as assigned or requested, including, but not limited to answering phones, directing correspondence, copying, filing and other general office duties.
Minimum three (3) years experience providing senior level administrative support.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Duties require frequent sitting, repetitive use of hands and wrists while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional walking, standing and simple grasping. Infrequent climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling or reaching. May be requested to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment during standard business hours. May require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks. Occasional travel may be required.
Hiring Range: Min $18.81 per hour to Mid $25.30 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/10604
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.