Outreach Program Coordinator, MBA Admissions
Outreach Program Coordinator, MBA Admissions
Job Number: 76273
This is a six-month fixed term position, October 2017 to April 2018.
*Strong internal candidate identified.
The Stanford MBA Admissions Office seeks candidates for our Outreach Program Coordinator position. The Outreach Program Coordinator supports efforts to create interactive opportunities for prospective students to engage the Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) community, understand the GSB experience, and make informed enrollment decisions. The Outreach Program Coordinator also supports marketing activities that attract prospects and convert prospects to applicants. The Outreach Program Coordinator achieves this by providing pre-application and post-admission event support, including venue sourcing, vendor negotiations, ambassador and panelist sourcing, attendee invitations and correspondence, registration tracking, and post-event evaluation and feedback analysis.
The Outreach Program Coordinator also coordinates MBA student ambassadors to participate in pre-application and post-admission activities; manages targeted outreach to specific populations of admitted students including deferred college seniors; and recruits, hires, trains, and supervises a team of undergraduate interns. Job Purpose: Provide administrative or operational support working under general supervision. Core Duties:
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures for Stanford MBA prospective applicants, admits, students, and alumni. These constituents will also include college seniors and managing their deferral process.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and admissions events which take place both on campus at Stanford, and off campus throughout the U.S. and internationally.
- Event planning duties include recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, sending and tracking event invitations, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors. These events may take place in person and/or be virtual, for both pre-application and post-admission purposes.
- Analyze the effectiveness of events and marketing campaigns and make recommendations for improvements.
- Draft and/or generate routine and timely communications by phone, in person, and by email.
- Coordinate production (formatting, copying, mailing, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as nametags, presentations, event materials, reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Maintain and update approved content on websites, email, and other written materials. For example: the deferred admit website and quarterly newsletters.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards.
- May hire, guide, and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
- Oversee recruitment, training, scheduling, and assigning of MBA student ambassadors to various admissions activities
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications. Ability to use (or willingness to learn) multiple software platforms for event and customer management.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Comfortable and skilled at handling difficult conversations.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and comfortable working in fast paced environment.
- Occasionally work on evenings and/or weekends, with prior notice.
Location: Graduate School of Business
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.