Membership Development Officer
We are currently seeking a Membership Development Officer (MDO) to join our winning team. Summarily, the MDO will be responsible for providing support to the entire Membership Development Team (MDT), including but not limited to:
- Prospecting new individual accounts (SEGs)
- Prospecting new business accounts
- Identifying specific needs of members and aligning solutions with LFCU's offerings
- Acquiring new forms of eligibility by bringing in new Select Employee Groups (SEGS)
- Promoting and selling LFCU's loan, deposit and savings products
- Assisting in the MDT's efforts to increase product utilization of new and existing members
More specifically, the MDO will:
- Bring in new business to the credit union based on overall goals, which can include, but is not limited to new membership (accounts), direct deposit, cross-selling LFCU's products and/or services, acquiring new forms of eligibility by bringing in new Select Employee Groups (SEGs),increasing membership utilization (cross-sell), and increasing the loan portfolio to ensure the credit union meets its goals within the guidelines set.
- Organize and conduct membership retention programs among existing SEGs, community charters, and existing membership. Maintain continual contact and build strong relationships with SEG representatives and community charter groups through periodic contact channels (phone calls, letters/e-mail and personal visits). Ensure SEG representatives are supplied with credit union brochures, forms, and other related materials.
- Manage the field of membership and existing SEGs.
- Develop, monitor, and adapt new techniques to achieve membership growth, product penetration,and profitability goals in accordance with the credit union's business plan and strategic initiatives.
- Continuously participate in periodic outreach programs to maintain the credit union's visibility with existing members and promote utilization of the credit union's products and services.
- Maintain a strong community presence and build brand awareness through on-site business events, networking, and other business outreach activities.
- Remain abreast of banking industry member service best practices for developing SEGs.
- Develop promotional strategies to increase utilization of credit union products and services among existing members; work with the Marketing Department to develop promotional materials for distribution to members and employee groups.
- Make recommendations to VP of Sales & Service regarding possible new activities designed to increase membership and product/service/delivery channel usage.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education: A college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
- Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Other Skills: (a) Familiarity with a variety of the financial industry's concepts,practices,and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.(b) Excellent analytical skills, people skills and self-direction(c) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills(d) Adequate knowledge of financial products and services
Qualified candidates with positive credit standing should send their resume and salary requirements to:HR@lfcu.org
Lafayette Federal Credit Union is one of the premiere financial institutions in the Washington D.C. area with an asset size of approximately $500 million. Since our founding in 1935 we have sought to provide our members with a safe and convenient place to save and to offer loans at rates and terms more favorable than those of other financial institutions. We always strive to provide top-notch member service. Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not just a great place to bank, it is a great place to work too! We offer outstanding benefits, including:
401(k) with Employer Match and Profit-sharing
Group Health Insurance for Single and Family Coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account with Employer Funding
Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
In addition to the benefits listed above Lafayette fosters a great work environment. Just ask our employees!
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.*
Mon, 11 Sep 2017 12:19:36 PDT