Systems Engineer Level 2
We are seeking a seasoned networking and systems professional for both client-facing and behind the scenes work. The position comes with a great deal of responsibility and your colleagues will depend on your input regularly. This is an opportunity to learn and add value for a dynamic small business, and represents a significant opportunity for growth and experience.
1. Responsible for execution of Projects & Onboarding
2. Responsible for Cloud-based Offerings
3. Management of Client Systems and RMM
4. Responsible for VMware Infrastructure
5. Provide Support for HelpDesk Escalated Issues
6. Implement Systems on Client Premises
7. Act as a general Senior Engineering Resource
8. Document all network changes and implementations
9. Perform trending analysis for chronic issue resolution and remediate escalated network issues
1. Excellent Interpersonal skills
2. Extensive knowledge of virtual environments with an emphasis on Vmware, SAN deployment and administration
3. Strong grasp of networking
4. Meticulous at documenting your work, detail oriented and eager to jump in with the understanding that our clients and their needs come first
5. Excellent skill set of experience with Windows Server including Exchange, MDM, Security and other qualifications of a well-designed network run
6. Ability to work as a member of a team
7. Have a car or driver's license
Technical Skills or Knowledge Required
1. Cisco CCNP certification
2. Knowledge of Cisco Nexus or NX-OS switches, IOS routers, and ASA firewalls
3. Network: BGP, VRF, VLANs
4. Setting up network/routing/ISP redundancy, especially for a network with multiple sites
5. Storage: SAN, iSCI, NFS
6. NetApp FAS Storage
7. Experience with complex Cisco WAN Configurations and technology
8. Data center experience with VMWare VCP or VCAP certification (VCAP preferred)
9. VMware vSphere 5-vSphere HA, DRS, vDS, autodeploy
10.Extensive hands-on experience with Windows Server 2008/2012
11. Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 and 2013
12. Microsoft Certified Professional Status (MCSE or MCITP preferred)
13. Mac experience
This position operates in a professional work environment, either in our New York City office located at 260 Madison Avenue or our Great Neck office, located at 239 Great Neck Road.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Systems Engineer will be expected to travel throughout the 5 borough, Nassau County and Suffolk County.
Preferred Education & Experience
We prefer candidates to have a business background as well as experience and/or knowledge of IT/Phones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Brash Concepts delivers cutting edge IT consulting and networking solutions for its clients. We pride ourselves in outstanding customer service and a knowledgeable staff of experienced engineers. Currently, we are in a major growth period and are looking for a Sales Executive who is self motivated and driven to share our technology solutions with businesses all over Long Island and New York City.
New York, NY
Mon, 11 Sep 2017 07:39:00 PDT