Database Software Engineer
The Database Software Engineer will work closely with developers and database team members to design, develop and enhance Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 database solutions.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Work with developers and business users to define requirements, perform analysis and design, and implement robust, maintainable solutions that meet the business requirements.
• Lead and participate in reviews and quality assurance processes to ensure that the data architectures and standards are being adhered to. Enforce policies and procedures to team members.
• Create and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical database models.
• Create SSIS packages to import/export data, and load and process data.
• Develop and enhance stored procedures. Write ad-hoc SQL queries to support report requests.
• Design and develop meaningful business reports (BI), either web based or thick client.
• Prepare data for job runs. Support jobs in process. Troubleshoot, analyze and repair job issues.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties as assigned.
• In depth SQL knowledge is required, including advanced tuning skills.
• Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012. OLTP and OLAP.
• Developing custom ad hoc reports using SQL 2012, SQL Reporting Services, SSIS, or Crystal reports,
• Experience with clustering and log shipping.
O'Neil is a leading provider of marketing communication and publishing solutions. Our customer-centric applications and services include electronic document delivery, web applications, high-speed digital printing (color and black & white), automated composition, offset printing, warehousing and fulfillment services.
For over 30 years, O'Neil has been recognized as a leader in technology-driven, marketing communication services. Every day we re-purpose, produce and deliver millions of time-sensitive documents both in electronic and paper media.
O'Neil is a solution-based company. Our products and services are built and implemented to meet the current and future needs of our clients. We are made up of industry experts with over 150 years of experience in publishing services. Our broad knowledge base enables us to build and manage innovative solutions to a diverse customer base. We infuse each project with experience and technology tailored to meet client requirements.
Mon, 11 Sep 2017 12:36:36 PDT