Quality / EHS - Manager
Position manages quality auditing and the collection/analyzing of manufacturing metrics. Facilitates preventative corrective action and finds solutions to customer complaints. Supports the Quality Auditors with tools to identify non-conformance, and uses skills for problem solving and corrective action. Executes process control methods on a wide assortment of manufacturing and assembly processes. Assists the V.P. Domestic Engineering in maintaining the effectiveness of the Channell Quality Management System and supports continued certification of ISO 9001:2011 and TL9000.
- Manages crew of 4 to 5 Quality Auditors over multiple shifts
- Develops training to build quality awareness throughout Manufacturing.
- Provides leadership in compliance areas of internal auditing and TL9000 documentation.
- Executes continuous improvement of QA Receiving/Inspection and QA floor auditing.
- Monitors and communicates supplier quality performance metrics.
- Conducts supplier audits and issues recommendations/requests for corrective action.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering in the analysis of product non-conformance, customer complaints, and internal complaints.
- Addresses non-conformance and complaints with identification of a root cause with root cause correction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES
- BS in Engineering (Quality, Industrial, or Mechanical preferred).
- Minimum 3 years in a Quality Engineering or Quality Management Position
- Experience in product development and manufacturing release
- Experience in assembly operations
- Experience with an ISO 9001 certification
- Experience with Engineering Documentation released to Manufacturing
- Experience with Material Review Board techniques and responsibilities
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques and tools
- Demonstrated auditing and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to train and mentor
- Working knowledge in spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software
- General understanding of business and financial metrics
Founded by the Channell family in 1922, Channell Commercial is a global designer and manufacturer of equipment supplied to telephone companies and cable television network operators. Major product lines include a complete line of thermoplastic and metal fabricated enclosures, advanced copper termination and connection products, fiber optic cable management systems and heat shrink products. Channell Commercial resides in Temecula, California and is expanding manufacturing operations in Rockwall Texas.
Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:42:30 PDT