Faculty, English Rowan Choice
Will teach primarily in the Rowan Choice Program on the Glassboro campus of Rowan University. Full-time tenure track position in the Liberal Arts Division. Responsible for developing courses, writing lessons plans and teaching college level English courses in the approved curricula of the division. Assists with decisions regarding instructional materials, participates in division and college-wide discussions and meetings, assists division with administrative and committee work, and fulfills other faculty responsibilities.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides college level instruction in English courses with emphasis on teaching developmental and introductory communications courses including oral communication.
- Develops curriculum including revision of course syllabus, review and selection of textbooks, program revision, and program and course articulation activities.
- Provides student support by evaluating student progress and providing feedback, maintaining verbal and email communication, referring students to appropriate support services, providing academic advice, maintaining office hours, maintaining appropriate academic and attendance records, and submitting final grades
- Promotes and supports the value of diversity and cultural sensitivity in all aspects of teaching and learning.
- Communicates and consults professionally with divisional colleagues regarding curricula, student assessment and learning outcomes, and other professional development activities.
- Participates in a reasonable number of Divisional and College activities and committees which may include; the College Assembly, the Faculty Senate, search committees, divisional committees, program assessment and review, and college accreditation reports.
- Maintains currency in content area and the necessary technology for the college environment and recommends curricular or technology modifications accordingly.
- Participates in commencement and a reasonable number of other College functions.
- Helps coordinate all English and Communication courses in the Rowan Choice Program.
- Provides advisement to Rowan Choice Students
- Master's degree with eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in English, Language Arts or a related area; Doctorate preferred
- Previous record of teaching excellence in a community college environment, specifically introductory college level English Composition courses
- Minimum of two (2) years classroom experience teaching English in an academic setting (teaching assistant, lecture, recitation experience accepted)
- Fairness and flexibility in understanding and working with a wide variety of students and assisting them to adjust to the intellectual environment and requirements of a college academic community
- Excellent organizational skills, instructional, and interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with students, colleagues, administration, and the community
- Previous history of good working relationships with peers and students
- Commitment to the community college mission, including addressing the needs of a diverse student population
- Ability to design and implement successful pedagogical strategies for students exhibiting a broad range of abilities
- Experience utilizing innovative teaching methods incorporating technology, including online resources
- Commitment and ability to utilize instructional strategies to promote student recruitment, retention, and success