Senior Instructional Designer
The Senior Instructional Designer will be responsible for taking a lead role in the design and development of learning solutions for Strayer University. This includes designing engaging, relevant, and aligned courses and programs that meet key organizational needs and stakeholder expectations. This role also involves participation and monitoring of the instructional design processes, learning design training, and providing expert consultation to academic programs.
- Conducts needs analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of learning, including e-Learning
- Designs courses using adult learning principles and interactive e-learning models or other virtual content as appropriate
- Designs and integrates interactive concepts and activities in distance learning formats to encourage application and skill development
- Revises and updates current training materials according to system and design changes. Works with team to update course descriptions, curricula, and assignments in the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Serves as a mentor and thought leader within Instructional Design team.
- Leads course development kick-off calls and regular meetings as needed for more junior and new instructional designers.
- Conducts quality assurance checks on ID team projects and provides constructive feedback.
- Establishes, maintains and monitors instructional design and development standards for all existing and future training programs
- Leverages available technology and learning management system in the ongoing design and delivery of programs to maximize the learner experience
- Supports the ongoing assessment and measurement of instructional effectiveness for all existing and future programs
- Manages multiple projects/timelines and communicates frequently and effectively with various project collaborators to ensure that goals and objectives are being met
- From a regionally accredited institution; a Bachelor's Degree in Learning Technology, Instructional Technology, or other relevant/related degree
- M.Ed. or M.S. in Instructional Design a plus
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Five or more years of experience in instructional design, curriculum and/or learning program development in a corporate setting
- Three or more years designing and delivering learning content in web-based environments
- Experience with project management and internal consulting
- Demonstrated knowledge of key learning theories, including curriculum design, instructional design, adult learning, motivation, performance support, and assessment
- Proficiency in designing instruction and performance support for various delivery media, including online (asynchronous and synchronous), classroom, print, video, etc.
- Ability to navigate learning management systems to build curricula, courses, modules, and other learning content including assessments. Proficiency with Blackboard desired.
- Experience with Articulate, Adobe Creative Suite, and Captivate strongly preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including; Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively, and coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Excellent proofreading, editing, and content review skills
- Ability to deliver on all stages of a project from start-up to finish within established timeframes
- Excellent collaboration and internal consultation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.