Administrator, Data Warehouse
General Statement of Job
To administer, develop, implement, and maintain the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Accountability (OIEA) data warehouse system.
Location Highland Business Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm Salary Professional 4/124 ($51,137.00 - $73,053.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Vice President, Effectiveness and Accountability Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- SQL programming.
- Data warehouse systems and development theories, including ETL processes.
- Local area networks and personal computing environments.
- Client-server technology.
- Database integrity and security standards.
- Basic statistical methods.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule and providing assistance outside of usual work hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and winter and spring breaks as required.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Installing, deploying, maintaining, and upgrading data warehouse systems.
- Monitoring and analyzing the performance of data warehouse systems.
- Providing technical assistance to end users regarding data warehouse issues and problems.
- Creating and documenting database tables, views, data elements, shared data rules, data marts, data cubes, and reports.
- Performing data warehouse maintenance activities such as data warehouse backups, creating accounts, and enforcing data warehouse security.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Install, deploy, maintain, upgrade, and program warehouse management systems.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience in SAS BI or Visual Analytics administration.
- Experience with installing, deploying and upgrading SQL database systems.
- Experience with configuring, monitoring, and analyzing the performance and health of databases; resolving database performance, capacity issues.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation needed for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.