Digital Media Specialist - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (A1700557)
Digital Media Specialist
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
As part of the Communications and Marketing team, the Digital Media Specialist will provide input on strategy development and will implement plans for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) and its units. The Digital Media Specialist is also responsible for working strategically across multiple digital media including social, video, websites, and email in support of college priorities including student recruitment, alumni engagement, fundraising, and reputation building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use digital media and storytelling techniques to drive home key messages and deliver outcomes in support of college priorities.
- Serve as team lead for video projects, working with campus resources and other team members to execute.
- Creatively engage key audiences to enhance our engagement efforts via social media.
- Contribute to and enhance email marketing efforts for prospective students and alumni.
- Assist with management of content on college website.
- Develop new and interesting ways to use digital platforms.
- Use metrics to measure the impact of our digital media efforts, make recommendations based on that data, and experiment to ensure maximum impact.
- Work within the college brand and messaging framework.
- Move quickly and flexibly, work on projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and use good judgment to manage complex situations.
- Stay informed on current communications and marketing trends and new technology.
- Contribute to and work within the project management program used by the team for maximum organization and efficiency.
- Perform other related duties or projects as assigned to further the mission of the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in film, graphic design, communication, marketing, advertising, or a related field.
- 1 year of marketing experience working with at least one type of marketing media (web, email, social, etc.).
- Experience with digital storytelling.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience with digital design and/or video production.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Experience with data analysis and market research.
- Working knowledge of software such as Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Illustrator.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time, academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and resume by September 25, 2017. Online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Amy Scott at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Digital Media Specialist - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (A1700557)
Open Date: 09/11/2017
Organization Name: LAS Administration