Job Category: Academic Professional Academic Professional
University of Illinois
The University of Illinois seeks an Investment Analyst to, under administrative direction, assist with the operations of the System's investment program to successfully achieve established System and departmental objectives. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Input investment returns and market values for System Endowment and Operating Pools. Maintain returns in database.
2. Prepare reporting on various investment topics, which includes but is not limited to the monthly State-mandated Public Funds disclosures, weekly money market fund yield reporting and quarterly investment allocation summary.
3. Prepare and send daily investment risk summary to Treasury constituents. Serve as a back-up in executing the automated risk monitoring process.
4. Serve as a resource in the development and maintenance of the Investment SharePoint site.
5. Retain investment contracts and monitor expiration dates and renewals of contracts on the Illinois Contract System (iCS).
6. Manage retention of documentation in accordance with procedure, including maintenance of current authorized signatory forms with counterparties.
7. Maintain documentation on companies listed as security assets for the Office of Technology Management.
8. Create ad hoc reports and assist in the development of presentations for management.
9. Participate in the Quarterly Investment and Risk meetings, as well as quarterly manager and consultant performance reviews.
10. Participate in the selection process for investment counterparties.
11. Serve as a liaison and represent the System Office of Investments with System staff and investment counterparties.
12. Independently manage and prioritize multiple projects. Recognize matters requiring immediate attention requiring investment decisions on short notice.
13. Other duties as assigned appropriate for the position of Investment Analyst.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree in Business or related field with a minimum of six months of relevant work experience. Other requirements include: strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently and show initiative; proven organizational skills along with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines with accuracy; excellent analytical skills needed to read, interpret and review documents, reports and regulations; strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make sound decisions and recommendations; good interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with internal and external constituents; and demonstrated experience working as a team member. Preferred qualifications include: coursework and/or work experience in investments, finance, or accounting.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by October 2, 2017 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
HR Service Center
449 Henry Administration Building, MC 341
506 South Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The System Offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Close Date: 10/02/2017