Duties: The Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania is looking for a well-rounded web developer to join our team! Your typical day might involve prototyping a new webapp, dreaming up ways to improve our existing tech projects, making sure all the websites are up and running, and helping out with tech support around the office. You would troubleshoot problems, communicate with researchers, and find elegant solutions to daunting technical challenges. You also wouldn't hesitate to apply quick fixes whenever they're needed, even if it means spinning up a new webserver on a Sunday morning because something went viral overnight.
* A mission to deliver research that matters.
* Public-facing projects that make a difference, like FactCheck.org.
* And all the benefits of working at the University of Pennsylvania, including tuition reimbursement, innovative wellness programs, and countless opportunities for professional development.
Qualifications: You have:
* A bachelor's degree.
* 1 year of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience effectively.
* Proficiency with WordPress management and PHP/LAMP development.
* Basic Unix/Linux systems administration.
* Ability to address support tickets on hardware, software, networking issues
* Ability to address issues as they arise outside of normal working hours.
Preferably you also have:
* Experience with WordPress on AWS EC2 & RDS
* Experience with modern web development pipelines (HTML/CSS, SQL, JQuery, Git, etc.).
* Experience with migrating legacy server-side applications (ASP.Net, C#) to modern frameworks
* Experience in application/workload management using Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2 & RDS).
* Proficiency with routine updates and security practices for the web.
* Experience with creating, managing and maintaining virtual hosting environment for websites in AWS cloud and can perform basic systems administration on local development servers.
* Experience with creating, managing and maintaining database infrastructure both in-house and on AWS cloud
Reference Number: 36-26835
Salary Grade: B
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Annenberg Public Policy Center
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology