Course Developer--Concentration Courses
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Leadership and Management concentration serves as a specialty course developer. The SME is responsible for developing graduate level nursing courses for the leadership and management concentration of the MSN program.
- Develop novel, current, relevant, and engaging nursing course content, based on the AACN Graduate Essentials.
- Develop learning outcomes, course assignments, grading rubrics to maximize teaching and learning opportunities across the life cycle of development.
- Use technology effectively to foster engaging course content/student learning.
- Contribute to the development of course and module learning outcomes
- Apply expert knowledge and skill to developing engaging course content
- Develop course guides, including learning activities, assignments, lectures, rubrics, etc.
- Source course resources and modalities to enhance the creativity & of the course content and delivery
- Incorporate innovation to create dynamic, engaging course content
- Submit course guides and materials to Lead SME according to established timelines and deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- From a regionally accredited institution; a MSN or DNP with concentration in Nursing Leadership/Management, Executive Leadership/Leadership, Nursing Administration (or similar graduate nursing degree)
- A Registered Nurse (RN) with an MBA or graduate degree in management, finance, or marketing with strong nursing /healthcare leadership and management experiences may also be considered for this position.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)- Board Certification in Nursing Leadership/Management (NE-BC or NEA-BC) (preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in nursing education
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in graduate nursing education preferred
- Experience with CCNE accreditation (preferred)
- Experience with online nursing education (required)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with nursing curriculum development
- Knowledge of general nursing principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of curriculum development approaches and current trends in nursing and healthcare
- Ability to deliver high quality work while meeting timelines/deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and video conferencing software
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, solve problems, and make sounds decisions.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven organization.
- Strategic & critical thinker.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to and embrace continuous change.
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN (with an active and un-encumbered RN license)
- This is a part-time remote position that may require travel, up to 25%)
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.