Human Resources - DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES TECHNOLOGY
Vacancy ID S2177 Job Title DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES TECHNOLOGY Department Human Resources School/Parent Organization Legal Affairs Parent Org Division Legal Affairs Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 11/27/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52 Normal Start Time 8:30 Normal End Time 5:00 Position/Job Summary
Ithaca College is seeking a strategic thinker to provide leadership in the innovative use of technology in support of the Office of Human Resources. The successful candidate will identify opportunities to enhance human resources ability to utilize data in making decisions; identify and advocate for appropriate business intelligence tools that are critical to measure performance toward goals; work closely with the Vice President and senior staff to provide and evaluate information needed for planning and assessment; provide innovative executive level dashboards; provide strategic direction and oversee all aspects of system conversions, upgrades and report development for the human resources information system and affiliated systems; and manage and prioritize all requests for data from Ithaca College's human resources database, ensuring data integrity.
1. Oversee the strategic direction, development, implementation and assessment of protocols and programs related to all systems and software tools related to the core human resources information system Parnassus, including the prioritization of conversions and upgrades. Maintain a current understanding of product roadmaps and directions for solutions as the industry continues to evolve and new tools become available.
2. Oversee the design, production and data integrity of all reports from the human resources system (Parnassus). Work with the Information Systems Manager to coordinate, prioritize and assign workload to ensure alignment with the human resources strategic plan and fiscal year work plans.
3. Provide strategic oversight to the assistant director of employee engagement in the development and assessment of web-based services and social media.
4. Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion as a college priority, communicate to employees an expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment.
5. Provide leadership in the identification and deployment of business intelligence methodology and tools within human resources.
6. Implement management and executive level dashboards for the vice president, president, and board of trustees.
7. Work in collaboration with the vice president and leadership team on setting department priorities for systems resources.
8. Provide project management for implementation of new systems and business practices. Assume primary responsibility for directing staff in the testing of new systems and establishing and documenting related changes in procedures.
9. Serve as primary liaison with the Information Technology Office in all matters related to human resources system needs. This includes the identification of alternate tools, planning and implementing upgrades, testing, developing new reports, troubleshooting interfaces between Parnassus and other College systems, evaluating security, and project management.
10. Evaluate ways to improve data quality using automated processes. Maintain an understanding of the best practices in the human resources field and provide business process analysis to translate business needs into technical solutions. Ensure technical procedures are efficient and provide meaningful results.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of four years systems experience; previous experience managing the operational aspects of an online information management system and writing programs to extract and analyze data; demonstrated ability to gather business requirements, identify and deploy state of the art software tools to address business needs; in-depth knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language) and other data retrieval and reporting tools; previous supervisory experience, excellent attention to detail, and organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive; ability to prioritize and manage the staff and budget resources allocated to systems projects; strong problem-solving ability; and understanding of human resources business practices and needs are required.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for at least three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration, complete applications should be received by September 25, 2017.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $75,000 - $90,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).