Admission & Registration Assistant, #S03088
Job Title: Admission and Registration Assistant
Position #: S03088
Bargaining Status: Bargaining
Location: Rockville, MD
Salary Range: $20.15 - $27.27/hour
Online applications must be received by September 17, 2017
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has need for a full-time, Admission and Registration Assistant in the Admission Services department. The work schedule during peak times is Mon-Thurs 10:30-7 and Fri 8:30-5. During Non-peak times, the work schedule is Mon, Wed, and Fri 8:30-5; and Tues, Thurs 10:30-7.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for processing all admissions, registrations and records for students and assisting students with all activities associated with admission and registration.
• Admits students, determines tuition status and assessment test requirements, and explains enrollment procedures.
• Interprets and explains tuition and fee calculations as required.
• Processes changes in academic records and releases information from individual academic records to appropriate entities.
• Download, Process and evaluate Clearing House Degree and Enrollment verification.
• Ensure all necessary data received from the Clearing house, determine the correct enrollment date and degree verification for the student.
• Maintain integrity, accuracy and clarify any information with students. Coordinate with investigators and various outside organizations requesting verification.
• Process online and paper admissions applications and student reactivation forms.
• Informs students, general public, and College community of credit and non-credit course offerings, admissions and registration procedures and academic regulations. Registers student for credit and non-credit courses.
• Processes official transcripts requested by students. Mail and/or electronically send transcript to designated destination.
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
• High school diploma or GED.
• A combination of education, training and experience providing understanding of the field.
• Two years of experience working in a registrar's or an enrollment office.
• Associates degree preferred
Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
Be sure to complete a set of pre-screening questions and e-sign your application.
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Customer & Student Services
Primary Location US-MD-Rockville
Organization Admission & Enrollment Management
Unposting Date Ongoing