Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date September 11, 2017
Position Title Recruiter (Part-Time)
Vacancy # V-1372
Department Human Resources
Division Human Resources
The Recruiter will partner with hiring managers and search committees university-wide to attract talent to Montclair State University and fill critical and high level positions. He/she will ensure the day to day recruitment needs of the University are being met.
**NOTE** This is a Part-Time position with a minimum of 15-20 hours per week.
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process (source, interview, schedule, reference check, offer, etc.)
- Develop the appropriate recruitment strategy in order to source and attract qualified candidates to meet the hiring needs of the departments
- Partner with university leaders and search committees by consulting and providing guidance throughout the entire life cycle of the recruitment and hiring process
- Source and research passive candidates via online searches, networks, forums and other creative techniques to attract talent
- Partner with Classification and Compensation to determine the appropriate salary range for the positions
- Schedule and conduct interviews to identify top qualified candidates (phone, on-site and Skype)
- Coordinate travel arrangement for candidate interviews, where necessary
- Create job postings using the iCIMS Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and update and track job/candidate status
- Assist and make recommendations to enhance job descriptions to attract talent
- Advertise job postings on appropriate websites (MSU, HigherEdJobs, LinkedIn, etc.) and make recommendations on other niche sites
- Partner with colleagues within Human Resources to ensure a smooth on-boarding experience for new hires with respect to new employee orientation, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Conduct reference checks and submit background checks to third party vendor
- Complete/generate EEO reports to ensure compliance with Affirmative Action federal/state laws and regulations, where appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3-5 years of talent acquisition experience that demonstrates a progressive and pro-active approach to the recruitment of talent
- Strong negotiation and candidate closing skills
- Experience with application of modern methodologies such as use of social media to attract/source high quality talent and an Applicant Tracking System (ATS); experience with Workday is a plus
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and team first mentality
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and persuade across all levels, exercising a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise and tact to accomplish objectives
- Must have strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Ability to think outside of the box from traditional recruitment strategies
- Demonstrated commitment to the value of diversity and inclusion and knowledge of Affirmative Action and OFCCP regulations
- Ability to translate experience to the higher education environment
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date October 2, 2017
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Apply By Until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION