Haven Billing Technician
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry/Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS)
Haven Billing Technician
Position #00729311 - Requisition 11064
Positions in the class series provide technical support work to agency accountants and program managers by processing financial transactions and maintain accurate and complete records of transactions. Accounting technicians complete and code receipts, vouchers, and journal entries; pay vouchers; process accounts payable and accounts receivable; post transactions to assigned journals and ledgers or enter to automated systems; review source documents for proper authorization, accuracy, and compliance with accounting rules; verify and correct discrepancies and errors; monitor sufficiency of funds in accounts; adjust and balance accounts, and compile data and produce financial statements; and, act as a technical resource to non-accounting agency staff. Positions may recommend changes in various accounting reports, formats, and operating procedures to supervisors.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Haven Billing Technician (Accounting Technician III). This full-time (non-classified) position is responsible for all financial and monthly billing operations to contracts and funding agencies including: Community Corrections billings per county, DOC, Parole, Signal funds, enhanced billings, and special grants.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Responsible to track grant monies available and how they are being spent down
- Authority to bill most appropriate billing agency and ensure contracts are billed appropriately
- Responsible Vfor all electronic records in regards to the financial aspects of the program and will be responsible to problem solve when errors are identified within the program
- Reconcile billing with received payments from outside vendors and will report these findings to ARTS administration. Will bill Special Connections Medicaid to be sent to OBH and will utilize electronic record to bill based on documentation of services
- Supervise administrative staff to assure proper ordering and use of supplies, work order completion, health and fire inspections, boarding houses licenses and provide guidance and training as it relates to budget issues/solutions. Will assign or delegate duties as necessary.
- Maintaining of client accounts including clients' personal accounts, treatment and other fees, payments on their account and track and send restitution payments. Record any charges accumulated by the client and accounting of client's personal money and/or paychecks paying special attention to oversight agency guidelines regarding restitution, subsistence fees, medical etc.
- Record of all of these transactions and provide a monthly ledger to the client, updating outside agencies as required.
- Responsible for Petty Cash funds and related University standards.
- Track data and pull statistics for Director as needed.
- Conduct analysis of policies as they relate to billing requirements and client money accounts and work closely with the director and ARTS administration regarding budget analysis and planning.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $43,020- $54,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Three years of bookkeeping or technical accounting experience
Two years of college, university or non-correspondence business school which included eighteen (18) semester credit hours of accounting can substitute for up to two years of the required experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must agree to fingerprinting and criminal background check. Required background checks include a review with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals who may have contact with residents who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for termination
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, accounting, finance, or closely related field
- Experience working as an administrative assistant in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with a diverse population or in a clinical setting
- Experience with health insurance billing (including billing of services via claim form, verification of benefits, review of complex issues, denials, payment entry and reconciliation)
- Experience billing health insurance, for example-Medicaid, Kaiser, State Agencies, Aetna, Commercial Insurance, etc.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting
- Use office tools available on the desktop (eg, Word, e-mail, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Toni Wright at Toni.Wright@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by September 18, 2017. Those who do not apply by September 18, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Sep 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Toni Wright
Posting Contact Email: Toni.Wright@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00729311