IT Programmer II-Data Modeling
IT Programmer II-Data Modeling
IT Programmer Analyst II
Inst Rsrch & Effectiveness - 110110
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
UNT Launches New Center of Excellence in Analytics and Data Visualization:
Multiple Positions Available:
* Director II - Data Governance, Training, and Benchmarking
* Data Scientist (2 Openings)
* Data Analyst III - Institutional Research
* Financial Analyst II - Business Intelligence
* Financial Analyst III - Financial Analytics Development
* IT Manager III - Data Integration and Modeling
* IT Programmer Analyst II - Data Quality and Integration
* IT Programmer Analyst II - Data Modeling
The University of North Texas in Denton, Texas (north of Dallas) is seeking exceptional candidates to join us in our journey towards an enterprise-wide data and analytics program. These roles are housed within the Data, Analytics, and Institutional Research (DAIR) unit which, when fully staffed, will consist of 20+ professional staff charged with identifying creative data solutions to strategic issues in university management.
We seek talented data modelers, financial analysts, data scientists, and data management specialists to allow us to leverage increasingly complex data to answer key questions, promote student success outcomes, and conduct deeper levels of analysis of enrollment, academic, and financial trends of interest. These roles will be able to work with leading industry toolsets including Hortonworks Hadoop, MuleSoft and SAS Data Integration Studio, Visual Analytics, and Visual Statistics while having access to a substantial array of professional and personal development options. DAIR seeks curious, collaborative, and hard working professionals who want to be a part of a team that is on the leading/bleeding edge of analytics to "do data for good".
UNT is categorized by the Carnegie Classification system as being a Tier 1 Research institution. UNT has almost 38,000 students across 120+ degree programs. Denton is ranked a Top 10 Best College Town by Livability.com in 2015 and 2016. DAIR participates in the UNT Faculty/Staff scholarship program to encourage team members to pursue advanced degrees and certificates at substantially reduced costs. As a higher education employer, DAIR values quality of life and work/life balance.
For an official application, job description, and listing of requirements, please visit https://jobs.unt.edu and search under administrative/professional/technical positions for the specific job title.
This position serves on the Data Modeling and Integration team in the Department of Data, Analytics, and Institutional Research. The position will assist with the implementation of the data warehouse and analytic programs, as well as various ad-hoc data modeling requests from university departments. This position relies almost exclusively on programming languages focused on data modeling in support of the analytic programs (i.e. SQL, MDX, SAS). This position interfaces with large-scale and varied data-sets including student records, financial data, and other university information on a daily basis. This position will be responsible for assisting with the development of dashboards and other data visualization projects for use by senior administrators. Incumbent should be comfortable working in a project managed environment such as Agile SCRUM or other iterative life-cycle methods.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Support, design, implement & modify data modeling process as required to support data warehouse.
* Coordinate with development teams and other data warehouse SMEs to determine data modeling and transform process requirements.
* Provide on-call after-hours support when necessary to maintain data warehouse integrity and availability to end-users.
* Provide data models and actionable information to support University initiatives in reporting, querying, and analytics.
* Provide support for reporting toolsets, data modeling toolsets, and legacy data warehouse as needed.
* Assist with the development of dashboards and other data visualization projects for use by senior administrators.
* Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree with coursework in computing or information systems and three years of progressively responsible computer programming and analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience with the following skills:
* Intermediate knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques.
* Strong skill in writing programs for computer applications.
* Strong skill in analyzing and solving complex data processing and computing problems.
* Ability to coordinate a work team and train lower level programmers and analysts for specific tasks or assignments.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in using BI, CRM, ERP, and Analytics platforms (SAS, Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Siebel, etc).
* Experience in design, training, and implementation of large data projects.
* Ability to work with data from multiple sources.
* Strong knowledge of SQL and/or data modeling programming (hard coding, beyond writing queries).
* Experience designing and documenting ETL processes and tuning ETL performance.
* Working knowledge of AGILE planning methodologies and/or SCRUM approaches to project management.
* Knowledge of social media analytics and big data.
* Experience with higher education data.
* A collaborative team member who shares expertise, individual knowledge, and skills through working closely with others to increase value to the University.
* A learning team member who is open to expanding their skills and desires to view challenges as an opportunity to grow.
* A positive team member who is both introspective and interpersonal in their approach to solving problems.
* Represent the team in a professional manner within our community and in other professional settings.
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting