Senior IT Business Analyst -- Advancement
Who we are:
The Office of Information Technology, in conjunction with the Office of Advancement, is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to provide strategic IT planning and consultation. In this role, you will work closely with service providers to recommend and implement appropriate solutions for a myriad of IT challenges in Advancement.
The Office of Information Technology is (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. We're located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OITvideo.
What your key responsibilities will be:
In this role, you'll provide strategic IT planning and consultation for all departments within the Office of Advancement, including Alumni Relations, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Parent Giving and Annual Giving. It is critical that you understand the business needs and objectives of advancement activities, ideally within higher education, and that you be able to determine what IT services, applications and functions can or should be deployed to meet our needs and objectives. You will work closely with departmental and campus leadership, Campus IT governance and system-wide stakeholders in order to determine what are the best services to meet our IT needs. You'll also work within OIT and collaboratively with University Information Systems (over all four campuses) to ensure that our IT architecture, services and overall University context are properly considered in any proposed solutions.
Your primary focus will be to understand the business processes and technology landscape of the Advancement Office and how to best utilize the functionality of our available IT applications to help the Advancement Office meet their goals.
What we can offer:
Base salary for this position will be competitive and market-based and will also depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. A combination of education and experience as detailed below may be substituted on a year-for-year basis (for a total of 9 years of education and relevant experience).
- 5 years of IT Business Analyst experience, including the development of:
- High level strategy.
- Business cases.
- Process mapping.
- Form requirements specifications.
- 5 years of experience in the design of complex systems with the ability to translate them into technical solutions.
What you will need:
- Successful experience working in highly complex policy and organizational environments.
- Strong analytical experience in developing, implementing, maintaining and upgrading IT solutions.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Especially strong customer relationship skills, interacting with key stakeholders.
What we'd like you to have:
- At least one year's experience as a Business Analyst in a higher education environment.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP, CCBA).
- At least one year's experience working with Salesforce OR Advance Applications.
- Professional experience in marketing or communications.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by September 25, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-11079
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Sep 11, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 25, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail
Position Number: 00734567