Leadership & Service Programs Coordinator
Salary: $44,200 - $55,000
Title: Leadership & Service Programs Coordinator
Department: Student Life
Date Posted: 09/11/2017
Position Information: The Leadership & Service Programs Coordinator is responsible for the direct oversight, vision, and direction to the various leadership development and community service programs within the Student Life Office. In order to provide a comprehensive leadership development and service program at UCR, these two programs are directly connected to foster student learning about the core of social issues and provide skills on how to respond as leaders to make a difference in their communities. This position will oversee the Inspiring R'Leaders Conference, leadership workshops/series, civic engagement programs, and various community services initiatives. Collaborating with various departments will be essential to ensure success for all programs. The Coordinator will oversee the implementation of the strategic plan to ensure the goals and objectives are achieved. This position will also support general Student Life Office functions and events as needed.
Minimum Requirements: Thorough knowledge of Student Affairs/Student Life specialization.
Abilities in project management, problem identification and reasoning skills.
Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance.
Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview