The Center for Research on Environmental Disease seeks a Research Associate to carry out laboratory research in the area of metal toxicity and carcinogenesis and mechanism-based prevention.
The work will include literature analysis, draft research design including development animal protocol, carry out the experiments, interpret the results, and write the manuscripts.
The incumbent is expected to work diligently in the laboratory, interact well with others, develop one's career, and help training new graduate students in the skills and techniques with which she or he is familiar. Technical experience in cellular and molecular biology, data collection and analysis is needed.
Technical experience in animal handling, surgery, and knowledge of animal handling procedures, including the development of animal protocol for approval by Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee.
Experience in the investigation in the mechanism of metal-induced carcinogenesis is required.
7H041:Ctr for Research on Environ Disease
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
May require of lifting 25-30 lbs, sitting or standing for long period of time, repetitive motions. Animal handling.
8:00 am - 5:00 pm (40 hrs per week)
Photoshop, Endnote and common software for regular laboratory operations and data processing are needed, MS Suite especially Powerpoint
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
PhD plus 4+ years of experience in toxicology and environmental cancer research.
Experience in the investigation in the mechanism of metal-induced carcinogenesis is preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter