Assistant Director BIPS
Functional Title Assistant Director BIPS
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Assistant Director (AD) for Curriculum and Instruction for the Bachelor of Science in Integrated Professional Studies (BIPS) reports to the Executive Director. The AD works with the UNCG Online Administrative team, the Associate Dean of Health and Human Sciences, faculty, and employers to oversee, manage and support the planning, design, and implementation of curricular and instructional activities for the BIPS online degree completion program. Responsibilities include course scheduling; developing new courses; recommending new initiatives; recruiting, orienting, and training faculty; determining appropriate pedagogical methods and assessments; maintaining compliance with university and accrediting organizational standards, and teaching in the program. The Assistant Director under the direction of the Executive Director and UNCG Online administrative team will have discretion for curricular and instructional program planning. Supervisory duties will be assigned, as needed.
- Masters degree required
- Five years of progressively responsible experience including teaching at the college/university level and in-depth experience designing multimedia rich online courses required.
- Working knowledge of course management systems (e.g., Canvas)
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office and the Google suite of apps
- Leadership, team management, and people development skills
- Excellent collaboration, influencing, and problem-solving skills
- Proven understanding and ability to develop quality academic programs
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and experience with web analytics
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team and to work well with faculty and external stakeholders
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range Salary commensurate with experience
Org #-Department UNCG Online - 10301
Job Open Date 08/15/2017
For Best Consideration Date 08/29/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- * Do you have a PhD?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu