Network Specialist III
We are seeking a Network Specialist III to join our team! You will help install, support, and maintain company computers, servers, and networks for our clients in an onsite and remote service role predominantly based on the Microsoft family of products. Some experience with Linux variants, Android, or MAC/iOS may be useful.
This position requires experienced candidates, and is not suitable for applicants with minimal practical experience. Computers & Networks is not currently seeking programmers, web-designers, java-script coding, or similar functions. This is an server, application, and infrastructure support position.
This position is local to the Memphis metropolitan area, and requires limited local travel. Selected candidates will be familiar with metropolitan area locations and businesses. Relocation assistance is not provided for out of area applicants.
- Monitor and maintain MS Exchange Servers and perform maintenance as required, on-premises or cloud hosted.
- Design, build, deploy, and manage servers based on Microsoft Windows Server or Linux family operating systems.
- Monitor and maintain MS SQL Database Servers, troubleshoot issues, and perform database maintenance as required.
- Support network infrastructure switching and routing equipment.
- Maintain corporate firewalls, configure and implement network security policies, and VPN connections.
- Monitor system backups, anti-virus, and anti-spam systems.
- Coordinate priorities and communicate technical issues with co-workers and management to ensure that the issues are resolved expediently.
- Escalate complex or high impact issues/events to other team members or support groups in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assist with the creation of and upkeep of accurate network documentation.
- Keeps skills in relevant technologies up to date and takes steps to constantly improve those skills.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing wired and wireless network systems
- Handle repairs and exchanges of defective devices
- Collaborate on the improvement of network design and connectivity
- Perform routine network maintenance
- Maintain inventory of network equipment
- Senior to Expert level experience as a Support Engineer in an environment containing Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, MS SQL Server, MS Exchange Server, IIS, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Solid understanding and experience with LAN/WAN/Internet environments. (TCP/IP knowledge -- IP addresses, subnet masks, default gateway,etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with installation, upgrade, and troubleshooting of hardware (preferably HP/Compaq, IBM, or Dell), Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to clearly articulate technical issues and solutions to non-technical users and to follow-through on completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently as well as on teams, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented, documentation of services performed, keeping senior management updated on project/task status.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Real-world experience fulfilling Long Term Project Engineering and Staff Augmentation services
- Microsoft Certification - SQL Server, Reporting Services, Scripting. - Server Infrastructure - Exchange
- Server Virtualization (Microsoft, VMware, or Citrix)
- Experience in Cloud Technologies - Azure, AWS, Office 365, Cloud Exchange/SQL Server, and Managed Services
- CompTIA A+ / Network+ / Security + Certification, CEH Certification, or equivalent.
- Cisco Certification - CCNP, CCNA
- Sonicwall Certification - CSSA, CSSP (or equivalent firewall technology).
- HPE Accredited Server Expert (ASE) or equivalent certification with Dell/IBM intel-based Server products
- Associate degree (or higher) in information technology, computer science or closely related field or equivalent job experience.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity/IT Resilience design and support.
Computers & Networks is a IT consulting and support services company with a 34-year history of excellence providing the highest quality technology support to our clients across the US. We are looking for "can-do" professionals who are dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. Pay for performance and skill level. Learn more about us at http://www.cnworks.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:12:08 PDT