A Central Florida general contractor is seeking a local experienced Project Superintendent with a commercial construction background. A minimum of 5 years experience required. The Project Superintendent's responsibility requires managing the overall day-to-day supervision of field related construction activities for construction projects. Responsibilities include: assisting with directing craft personnel and subcontractors; scheduling and sequencing the day to day activities of work; overseeing the project to assure compliance with the scope of work and quality as established by the contract documents; enforcement of site cleanliness and safety and health programs; proactively anticipating and solving problems that could delay construction; promoting and instilling company values into the workforce; managing the permit and inspection process, physically inspecting projects to monitor progress and compliance with project standards; maintaining and updating as-built drawings; and attending and conducting regularly scheduled progress meetings. Additional responsibilities include maintaining daily paperwork such as, daily field reports, project photographs, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence to keep the various people involved with the project informed of important issues.
Required Construction Skills
- Understands means and methods of construction associated with commercial projects.
- Has a working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work.
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules.
- Has the ability to understand the function and purpose of the final product. Uses the knowledge to challenge the appropriateness of the work in progress.
- Understands contemporary software applications associated with managing and controlling workflow.
Monday - Friday, weekends as required.
Please submit resume and salary requirements.
Only qualified candidates need apply.
Commercial General Contractor
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 12:49:13 PDT