OSP/ISP Field Engineering Specialist
Job Description, Required Skills, Education, Experience:
The person will be report to the Dublin, CA office and also requires frequent travel (50-75%) around the surrounding N. California metro areas and some could be further outside the metro to take pictures, measurements, document existing facilities, and obtain design information in preparation for OSP network design. Limited overnight travel expected. Contractor will follow B&V travel policy at all times.
Will follow Black & Veatch safety policies
• Engineering Standards: Develops familiarity by reading, understanding and applying departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies and procedures.
• Quality/Continuous Improvement: Develops an understanding and complies with the B&V quality program. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Engineering Production: Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope. Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work. Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis. Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Project Coordination: Shares information with others as requested. Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership.
• Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
Prefer 2+ years prior field/data collection/site walk experience, at least 1 years being in Fiber OSP/ISP (not installation or maintenance experience).
OSP/ISP Design knowledge a plus.
Some practical telecom design or telecom construction experience is a plus.
Individual must be available to mobilize when scheduled and possess a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report.
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc...)
Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions
Must be able to stand, bend, squat, walk, move, lift, carry... equipment (>20lb) for the duration of the work day
Founded in 1989, Glotel opened its doors as a telecom staffing provider. Today, Glotel has evolved into a niche brand operating at the intersection of IT, engineering and communications to optimize our clients
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 13:40:35 PDT