Coordinator, IT Projects (SPS)
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Coordinator, IT Projects (SPS)
Job Number: 2018009
Location: San Marcos
Department: VP for Information Technology
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: 4105 + commensurate with experience
Job Category: Exempt
• Baccalaureate degree or equivalent progressive work experience.
• Knowledge of and experience diagramming business process flows and workflows
• Experience coordinating and leading various types of projects to successful conclusion, including quality assurance and testing
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal), presentation skills, and proven ability to interact with various levels of the organization
• Microsoft Office experience and extended MS toolset experience, such as Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Reporting Services
• Heightened concern for confidentiality and attention to detail
• Master’s Degree or equivalent progressive work experience
• Ability to work independently and manage priorities; highly motivated, self-starter, takes initiative
• Knowledge of and experience using project management methodologies
• Experience overseeing service delivery and project portfolio
• Experience working with information security team
• Effectiveness in dealing with multiple concurrent assignments and sudden changes in priorities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate technical subjects to a non-technical audience
The Division of Information Technology seeks a professional to work within the Information Security Office (ISO) to provide project coordination expertise.
Coordinate projects by ensuring timely execution of project activities to support completion of projects and deliverables. Communicate effectively with various levels throughout the organization. Assist in change management and information security awareness training. Establish strong working relationships with project stakeholders such that plans and requirements are fully understood and issues are resolved effectively and efficiently. The ideal candidate is results and detail oriented and exhibits high levels of productivity.
Additional Information to Applicants:
This position is a benefits eligible, project-based position. It is a one year term appointment with the possibility of renewal.
Job Open Date: 09/07/2017
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce