This position requires a high level of experience, technical knowledge, and expertise working with Microsoft, Linux and virtualization technology environments as well as with various cloud infrastructure components.
We are looking for an applicant with an advanced technical skill-set and motivated in staying up-to-date with cutting edge technology. The ability to quickly incorporate new techniques and processes is a must. This candidate must be personable and have the ability to interact with each level of the client's business, from the receptionist to the CEO. The ability to simplify complex technical solutions and convey them to end users is a requisite.
Candidate's duties include a variety of client and internal touch points, including Help Desk support sessions, onsite appointments, fielding of support requests in our ticketing system, and assisting with projects such as deployments and engineering solutions which meet the clients needs. Hours of availability will be from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overnight and weekends are potentially needed for projects or emergency support.
1. Maintains current clients systems and networks with assistance from Lvl1 & Lvl2 support techs
2. Recommends, evaluates and tests new technology for clients
3. Assists in planning and implementing changes to client IT infrastructure
4. Server configuration, deployment, security monitoring and uptime for hosted and on premises client IT infrastructure
5. Google apps and Office 365 administration
6. User provisioning, computer setup, and administration
7. Uses Internal ticketing system to record notes and labor
8. Identifies network utilization capacity and trends
9. Assists with disaster recovery planning
10. Designs, installs, and supports a variety of technology including Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Access Points, VPN, Encryption, Load Balancing and Content Filtering.
11. Monitors and manages enrolled devices to ensure they are optimized for performance and that software is up-to-date, network resources are fully leveraged, and backup strategies are in place and functioning
12. Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware, software, or other system problems, and replaces defective components when necessary
13. Responds to requests to assist in critical problem resolution, including after-hours support needs
14. Documents and conveys, to client and Interlaced Team members, emerging issues based on knowledge of client's IT environment, so that future technical obstacles can be anticipated and avoided
15. Initiates projects to modernize and upgrade client IT environments, including Cloud Services, Apple Computers, iOS devices, and network infrastructure
16. Is available as a pre-sales resource for sales and engineering
17. Works on achieving additional relevant certifications that would benefit Systems Administrator role or Interlaced as a whole
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
•5+ years of work-related experience supporting VMware, Linux, Microsoft operating system environments, and cloud/networked environments
• / Windows OS / Server / Office 365 / Azure / Hosted Environments / VMware
• Command line knowledge highly recommended
• Windows experience/knowledge is a must, preferably Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server 2008 and Server 2012 and Microsoft Active Directory
• Experience in Hosted Solutions is preferred (Exchange, Virtual Environments, Remote Servers and offsite backups)
• Experience with Microsoft Server infrastructure, Linux, various SQL databases, VMware, Symantec Endpoint Protection
• Experience with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
• Ability to meet with clients and discuss support issues, projects, implementations, upgrades, etc.
• Experience with network documentation
• In-depth understanding of and experience with TCP/IP Protocols, IP addressing and IP network design
• Experience with routers, switches, and other LAN/WAN equipment
• Capable of command line entry and monitoring into complex Cisco networking environment
• Understanding Vlan planning and implementation
• Experience with Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Juniper, Sonicwall, Ruckus, Aruba etc.
• Driver's License and vehicle required
• Proven problem solver with ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems, manage risk and make quick decisions.
• Ability to translate complex technical issues into common language
• Keeps informed about cutting-edge technology
• Excellent critical thinking skills; using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
• Excellent organization, planning, judgment, and time management skills
• Desire to be a Team Player, and work with others to achieve common goals
• Health/Life/Dental/Vision Benefits
• 401k with four percent matching
• Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
• Mileage compensation for out of the ordinary distances
Cherry Hill, NJ
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 10:07:21 PDT