Campus Security Manager
Campus Security Manager
University of Puget Sound
Another Source's client, University of Puget Sound, is recruiting a Security Manager, to join their Tacoma campus.
Here's a little about University of Puget Sound and the position they are seeking to fill:
Founded in 1888, the University of Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, with 750 staff and faculty, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries, and offering 1,200 classes in 50 areas of study. Within, and near, Tacoma there is ready access to urban, rural, and natural areas as well as opportunities to participate in a wide variety of cultural activities. For more information about the university, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/
This is a management position responsible for the patrol and dispatch divisions, to include; full-time and temporary on-call staff and part-time student staff members. The position develops, implements, and maintains a comprehensive training program for all security staff. The position reviews and provides daily feedback to all staff on shift documentation and incident response. The position responds to routine, priority and emergency calls for service as necessary to support all on-duty staff. The position shares in the department on-call responsibilities with the director of security and the lead campus safety officer to provide support to on-duty staff 24-hours a day, seven days a week. The assistant director will act as backup in the absence of the director. This is a uniformed position and may participate in shift or special duty work outside of the normal work week.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
(List the primary tasks, duties and responsibilities, not all duties. If the responsibility represents less than 5% of the job, do not list.)
- Review shift documentation and call response logs and provide feedback as necessary.
- Maintain department software which supports the patrol operation.
- Develop and implement comprehensive department training curriculum for all security staff.
- Complete projects as assigned by the director.
- Provide 24-hour on-call support to campus and on-duty security staff.
- Respond to campus routine, priority, and emergency calls for service as necessary.
- Assign security services and provide supervision to security staff at special events.
- Review/update policy and procedure manuals for approval by the director as necessary or as assigned.
- Interview and hire student staff members.
- Participates in the selection process of full-time and on-call security staff members.
This position supervises multiple positions, to include; 2 lead campus safety officer, 8 campus safety officers, 4 full-time dispatchers, 2-3 temporary on-call staff members, 8 part-time student staff members
No budgetary responsibilities, but participates in purchasing of patrol equipment as necessary and is responsible for a university credit card. All security staff are expected to be good stewards of department and university resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with frequent interruptions to meet deadlines.
- Ability to foster confidence and trust.
- Ability to handle information and materials of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- Ability to make judgments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
Minimum Requirements (candidates must possess these requirements in order to be hired into this position)
Candidates must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
(List the minimum requirements necessary for an individual to be successful in this position. Include education, work experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. If there are physical duties, include what they are as specifically as possible based on validated information—i.e.: lift up to 50 pounds.)
- 3-5 years of work experience in a campus law enforcement environment. Must be able to demonstrate a progressive increase in responsibilities. Experience supervising staff members is required.
- Associate degree is required. Bachelor degree is desirable.
- Valid Washington state driver's license and First Aid/CPR certifications within two months of appointment.
- A strong technical background with computer software and hardware is required.
- Knowledge of Washington State Law and thorough understanding of patrol practices.
- Commitment to liberal arts and cultural pluralism.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills that foster harmonious relations with constituents.
- Physically capable to life/carry/push/pull up to 100lbs.
- Physically capable to run and defend self or others.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
- Requires frequent work both indoors and outdoors.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
The university offers a beautiful campus with free parking and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including extremely generous paid time off, retirement contribution, and tuition assistance. The Security Manager will also enjoy the flexible, family-friendly team environment and the opportunity to work collaboratively with smart, talented staff to create solutions and propose innovations.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry.
Commitment to Diversity: Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. Please view theUniversity Diversity Statement.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
To apply: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oevY5fww&s=InsideHigherEd