French Curriculum Designer
Are you ready to shape the future of educational technology? IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking talented French experts and educators to join our team. IXL’s upcoming component for learning French as a foreign language will instill a love for languages in students of all ages! Students will practice their French reading, writing, and listening skills like never before.
As a French curriculum designer at IXL, you will design engaging and interactive French language questions and be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including conceptualization, design, testing, and support. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and commitment to quality will drive the success of our French product. Come join our mission to create the best educational technology possible!
This is a full-time position in our San Mateo office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Use your highly trained brain to be a subject-matter expert for our French curriculum
- Design fun, engaging, and interactive French questions targeted to specific learning objectives
- Advise software engineers, visual designers, product designers, and company leaders on appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver high-quality French content
- Review materials and product prototypes and make design recommendations
- Articulate learning objectives, design curricular questions to meet objectives, and create a fun learning experience for IXL users
- Research and analyze content requirements, including domestic and international educational standards
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Master’s or PhD in French, Linguistics, or a closely related field
- Fluency in both English and French is required
- French language teaching or tutoring experience is required
- Experience learning French as a foreign language in a traditional classroom setting is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills; must be articulate with a strong writing ability
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for improving education through technology
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
- Highly self-motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Broad range of personal and professional interests
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
- Knowledge of Spanish or additional foreign languages is a plus
- Demonstrated technical abilities. Knowledge of computer programming and Web technologies is a plus
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Your resume
- A cover letter under 600 words that addresses the following question: How might your background and skill set help you address some of the challenges in developing online French content for middle and high school students?
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.