Coast Community College District Office
Salary: $80,813.32 - $98,448.00 Annually
Deadline: 9/25/2017 12:00 PM Pacific
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.cccd.edu/employment. Please click on OPEN POSITIONS located in the menu bar on the left, then select your desired jobs category to access list of open positions.
Coast Community College District is seeking an application programming professional to administer the ERP production reporting environment. The current system utilizes Evisions' MAPS servers, Argos Report Writer, and Ellucian's Operational Data Store (ODS). A high level of programming skill and performing Business Process Analysis is required. Desirable qualifications include experience with Banner ERP, Oracle and MS-SQL databases.
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, oversee and participate in a variety of highly specialized and complex activities involved in the planning, analysis, design, programming, development, modification, maintenance, and implementation of assigned computer systems, databases, software applications and associated peripherals; coordinate projects, services, personnel and communications to meet district technology needs related to system and application development; plan, develop and implement computer programming projects; coordinate implementation of third-party systems; serve as technical expert to assigned departments.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work with assigned departments to analyze business processes and implement technology solutions to automate information and workflow; participate in meetings to review and document technology needs; research, recommend, develop and deploy enhancements to improve business efficiencies; receive, respond to, analyze and resolve requests regarding programming issues, system performance, and malfunctions.
• Oversee and participate in a variety of highly specialized and complex project development activities including but not limited to planning, design, programming, development, modification and analysis of assigned computer systems, databases, software and applications; establish and maintain computer programming timelines and priorities for assigned complex projects, systems and applications.
• Coordinate projects, services, staff and communications to meet district technology needs related to system and application development and ensure smooth and efficient activities; estimate equipment, material, hardware, software, time and cost requirements for projects; monitor, evaluate and adjust activities in response to project progress, needs and issues.
• Plan, develop, and implement a variety of computer programming projects; prepare and develop computer system, software and application project plans and specifications in accordance with district and/or department needs; coordinate projects related to complex systems and application development to meet data processing needs, resolve data problems and provide for system enhancements.
• Coordinate, oversee and participate in the design, coding, testing and implementation of new system software and applications; lead and participate in the review, analysis and modification of existing systems, software and applications as necessary; ensure new and revised software applications integrate with existing computer systems.
• Provide administrative support to management in various areas related to computer system development; confer with staff and administrators to coordinate project timelines, priorities, and status.
• Serve as a lead over various projects, assignments and activities related to system and application development, analysis, design, problems and malfunctions; train and provide work direction and guidance to assigned staff; assign duties to other staff, coordinate projects and review completed work for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established standards, requirements and procedures.
• Respond to inquiries and provide technical information concerning related software, data, malfunctions, applications, practices, techniques and procedures.
• Analyze system performance and ensure proper debugging of software and applications, and detection and resolution of programming errors and miscalculations; lead and participate in the timely troubleshooting and resolution of system, software and application malfunctions; receive, respond to, analyze, and resolve user requests and complaints regarding programming issues and malfunctions.
• Ensure proper operation, maintenance and implementation of new and revised systems and applications; oversee the installation, upgrading and configuration of software and applications to enhance and ensure operation of computer systems; monitor and analyze system software and hardware to ensure alignment with application and end user requirements.
• Receive, analyze, and coordinate responses to staff and administrative requests for system and application additions, revisions and modifications; confer with technology staff to ensure proper diagnosis and support of system, application and related technology needs; coordinate a response to user emergencies.
• Lead and participate in the analysis and testing of vendor computer systems, applications and components; analyze and identify system and application needs and issues; recommend in-house or vendor solutions according to feasibility and compatibility with current systems; coordinate and recommend the purchase of computer systems and applications to enhance district technology operations.
• Coordinate and oversee the enhancement and modification of databases to facilitate the collection, management, manipulation, reporting and distribution of computerized data used for analysis; develop and modify database systems to improve and resolve problems with computerized reporting, record-keeping, forms and documents.
• Oversee application and related user support functions; coordinate training and assistance to staff regarding system and application operations; oversee and participate in technical assistance services to provide staff with information concerning systems, software, applications and related practices, requirements, procedures and malfunctions.
• Oversee and participate in the preparation and maintenance of various records and reports related to projects, computer systems, software, applications, status and assigned activities.
• Assist with strategic and financial planning and project coordination.
• Develop and coordinate effective system security for assigned computer systems and applications.
• Assist in the development of programming and departmental standards; assist in assuring projects and programming activities comply with departmental processes and procedures.
• Maintain current knowledge of applicable programming languages and technological advances in computer systems, databases and applications.
• Attend and participate in various meetings as assigned.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Project management techniques involved in the development and implementation of programming projects.
• Best practices and techniques used in programming, development, design, operation, analysis, maintenance, implementation and modification of databases, computer systems, and software applications.
• Specialized software applications (i.e., Enterprise Resource Planning, web, and mobile).
• Systems integration to ensure compatibility and operational efficiency between databases, systems, and applications.
• System utilities, design, and programming applications, including knowledge of integrated development environments (IDE).
• Advanced programming languages and tools to design, code, test, develop, analyze, troubleshoot, and implement new and complex programs, modules, subsystems and applications.
• Principles, practices and methods of database structures, online applications, computer programming and system design.
• Data warehousing concepts and structures.
• Analytical tools to measure hardware, software, and databases to maximize system performance.
• Application software lifecycle management.
• Data mining, business intelligence, and querying of databases (including data cubes).
Information security laws and standards.
• Accessibility requirements and standards.
• Security concepts including logical and physical security of databases, systems, applications, and user authentication.
• Principles of training and providing work direction and guidance.
• Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Customer service standards, practices, techniques and procedures.
• Business communication techniques.
• Appropriate safety precautions and procedures for all job related functions and interactions.
• Lead complex project implementations; create project development plans and specifications; develop timelines and coordinate project meetings; oversee work of assigned project staff and provide status reports to management.
• Oversee and participate in a variety of highly specialized and complex activities involved in the planning, design, programming, development, modification and analysis of assigned computer systems, databases, and software applications.
• Coordinate projects, services, personnel and communications to meet technology needs related to system and application development; plan, develop and implement computer programming projects.
• Train and provide work direction and guidance to other project staff.
• Establish and maintain computer programming timelines and priorities for assigned complex projects, systems and applications.
• Develop computer system, software and application project plans and specifications.
• Oversee the design, coding, testing and implementation of new software and applications.
• Coordinate the review, analysis and modification of existing systems, software and applications.
Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve system and application malfunctions.
• Ensure new and revised software applications integrate with existing computer systems.
• Coordinate activities to facilitate the collection, management, manipulation, reporting and distribution of computerized data used for analysis.
• Analyze, design, develop, program, test, document, implement, and maintain new and complex system programs, modules, subsystems and applications.
• Design, code, document, implement, and maintain interfaces between databases and systems.
• Analyze, define, and document application requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, programs, interfaces, internal and external security checks and controls.
• Design, code, document, implement, and maintain reports and analytical data presentations such as dashboards using business intelligence, database queries (including data cubes), or other advanced technologies.
• Remain current with new advances in computer sciences and information technology.
• Protect the confidentiality of data in accordance with the state and federal laws and institutional policies and procedures.
• Prepare and maintain various records and reports related to systems, programs, projects, status and assigned activities.
• Lead and participate in meetings and training sessions as assigned.
• Operate a variety of computers, servers, peripherals and specialized software.
• Communicate and exchange information with staff and outside agencies to resolve issues or concerns.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Meet schedules and timelines.
• Be flexible with work schedule and assignment.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum five years of experience involving the analysis, design, programming, development, modification, testing and implementation of computer systems, databases, programs, and software applications.
• Minimum three years of experience with project management and conducting business meetings.
Minimum five years of programming experience in languages such as PL/SQL, SQL, C++, Java, .net, PHP, ColdFusion, XML, and/or HTML;
• Highly proficient with Oracle and SQL databases.
• A proven track record of related project implementations and accomplishments.
• Or, any combination of education and experience that meets the required equivalent qualifications for this position.
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner Enterprise Resource Planning System.
• Experience working with SharePoint.
• Conducting or participating in a Business Process Analysis (BPA) to improve system and operational effectiveness/efficiencies.
• Experience administering production reporting environments utilizing MAPS/Argos and ODS or similar platforms.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid California driver's license and ability to drive personal or District vehicle to conduct work.
• Travel to and from district sites to perform work as required.
Conditions of Employment
This is a full-time, 12-month per year classified position. The District reserves the right to extend, modify, or eliminate this position based upon available funds. The normal hours of work will be 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, with some flexibility required to meet the needs of the department. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
• Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
• The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910).
• The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
PAY PHILOSOPHY: Starting salaries for support staff positions begin at Step-1 of the salary range. All movement on the salary schedule will occur July 1 of each year for all classified employees.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer