Requisition Number: STFR004005
Division/College: Professional Advancement Network
Location: Charlotte Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Development -Talent & Enterprise Solutions, the Communication and Program Manager serves as part of the Charlotte Campus and PAN Talent Solutions team. S/he is primarily responsible for managing communications that drive awareness of, and interest in university programs for corporate clients or organizational partners and assisting in the fulfillment for enterprise employer accounts. Position will work closely with the Dean and Talent Development Consultants to develop materials that compel employers to partner with the university. Position will also support marketing and communication efforts for enrollment and recruitment of post-traditional learners seeking advanced education programming as needed.
S/he will collaborate with the Associate Dean of Partnership and Engagement to fully understand solutions in order to effectively articulate the university's ability to deliver enterprise solutions to corporate clientele. This individual will be responsible for planning and coordinating communications that drive awareness of, and interest in university programs for corporate clients, academic partners, and individuals. S/he will collaborate with the Talent Development Consultants and Associate Dean of Partnership and Engagement to fully understand the solution to effectively drive client service and client satisfaction over the life cycle of the program.
This position also involves substantive interaction with senior leaders at the campus and university faculty along with designated contacts within the corporate community. Position plays a key role in securing and delivering a portfolio of corporate programs that: 1) generate revenue 2) build the university brand and visibility within the corporate community (regionally, nationally, and globally), 3) advance experiential learning opportunities for students, and 4) position the university to achieve deep enterprise partnerships.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field required
• Masters in Communications, Corporate Communications or related field strongly preferred
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Superior writing skills required: must be able to distill often complex issues into compelling, audience-tailored communications
• Ability to interact well with all levels of the university, including senior executives, as well as external corporations, partners and vendors
• A proven self-starter with excellent organizational skills who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, must be able to multi-task and complete projects within deadline-driven environment and manage quickly changing priorities
• Ability to navigate roadblocks and provide smart alternate solutions while working independently with minimal direction
• Must possess keen attention to detail and serve as quality control for all communications prior to dissemination, internally or externally.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Working knowledge of MLA and Chicago editorial style
• Experience with graphic design and multimedia/HTML/web content management a plus
• Ability to balance and manage the needs of multiple constituencies, manage to deadlines and work well under pressure including delivering exceptional work under tight deadlines.
• Knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles and practices for leadership development, executive education or related consultative services preferred.
•Demonstrated ability to think strategically and problem-solve creatively
•Demonstrated business and financial acumen
•High level of interpersonal communication skills including political and negotiation acumen and social perceptiveness.
•Sound judgment, decision-making and problem recognition/resolution skills, including skill in determining those issues/problems that need to be brought to management’s attention.
•Ability to manage and grow a program support team.
•Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as well as travel domestically and internationally.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.