Program Director - Business & Health Services (Full-Time)
POSITION: Program Director of Business and Health Services (Full-Time)
LOCATION: Baker of Online (Flint, MI)
AVAILABLE TO: All applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of PROGRAM DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS AND HEALTH SERVICES (FULL-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker of Online.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Program Director of Business and Health Services provides leadership and management of all aspects of an academic program by providing discipline-specific expertise, supervising staff and faculty members, addressing students’ needs, and maintaining a required teaching load.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Doctoral degree, terminal degree required in the field of Business or related to Higher Education. If terminal degree is related to higher education, candidate must have a Master’s in a Business related field
- Experience with an online learning environment required
- Experience in leadership position within higher education preferred
- Demonstrated competency in discipline-specific knowledge and performance skills required
- Teaching experience at the college level and 3 years of work experience in the related field is preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and Learning Management System (Blackboard)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage class and learning environments: Teach a specified number of classes; Maintain attendance records, submit grades on time, and provide constructive student feedback; Utilize the College’s Learning Management System in accordance with the usage expectations
- Deliver effective instruction: Assume primary responsibility and exercise oversight of the required curriculum, ensuring both rigor for course/program and the quality of instruction; Design and support a range of learning activities to engage all learners; Use technology appropriate to the nature and objectives of the course/program outcomes and communicate clearly the expectations concerning the use to students
- Assess student learning: Leads continuous improvement discussions utilizing student learning assessment results; Complete Direct Measure Assessments; Use a variety of techniques to assess student learning; Coordinates continuous cycle of program assessment & annual assessment plan; Communicate assessment results to students regularly and identify learning opportunities for students
- Maintain professional expertise and/or professional proficiencies: Pursue professional development; Encourage faculty to participate in professional development; Stay current in academic fields (belonging to professional societies, participating in pedagogical professional development, attending conferences, and working or volunteering in the field); Maintain required professional credentials, licensing, and continuing education hours as discipline standard dictates
- Provide service to the program: Develop and manage annual program budget; Comply with accreditation mandates, supervise site visits, and provide notification of any substantive changes within the program or any change in accreditation status; Participate in recruiting, hiring, supervising, staffing, and coaching of faculty; Plan and facilitate advisory boards and manage resulting data for program improvement; Leads and participates in curriculum development; Manage textbook accuracy; Attend campus and system events; Coordinate divisional meetings; Participate in off-campus community oriented events; Mentor others; Participate in program, campus, and system meetings; Develop and maintain external partnerships
- Engage in scholarly activities (as determined by program requirements) examples include: Engage in course or program level action research; Secure and utilize external grants; Secure and utilize internal grants; Present at local or national conference; Serve as an invited lecturer; Author publication(s); Support student success; Participate in student orientations, registration, and mentoring activities
- Other duties as assigned
WORK SCHEDULE: Standard – Academic Contract; some evenings and weekends required
REPORTS TO: Director of Academic Affairs
STARTING DATE: ASAP
COMPENSATION: Salary based on education, experience, and existing wage rates paid for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc. Full benefit package.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by September 25, 2017 in care of:
Baker College Professional Services, Inc.-OLCG
Human Resource Department
Baker of Flint’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at http://www.baker.edu/media/ckfinder/files/Security-Report-FL.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker of Flint Campus Safety office.