Administrative Services Representative
Job Title: Administrative Services Representative
Job ID: 24257
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035, Administrative Support Coordinator -12 Month
Department: Human Resources
About the Position
The Administrative Services Representative works independently and is responsible for providing primary information/reception desk coverage for Human Resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Information and Reception Desk
- Answer incoming calls, respond to general inquiries, analyze issues and resolve or, when issue is more complex, refer to other appropriate HR staff.
- Greet and direct all visitors, guests, job candidates, and customers.
- Monitor visitor access, issue-parking passes when required and order new parking passes from UPD as necessary.
New Hire Documentation
- Ensure all employment related forms are filled out correctly and processed timely on a consistent basis.
- Analyze employment documentation to ensure eligibility to work.
- Collaborate with staff in Workforce Planning and Employee Services to prepare for weekly New Employee Orientation.
- Sort and release daily pay warrants to department contacts.
- Perform pay disbursements on master and student pay days.
- Log service desk tickets with Facilities to request service and repairs; monitor completion of work and follow up with Facilities staff, as needed.
This position also provides administrative support to the HR department when needed and performs first level phone support to troubleshoot and resolve basic navigational and processing issues for the PeopleSoft HR application.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24257.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.