Student Success Manager, Online Programs
Student Success Manager, Online Programs
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: Corporate & Professional Education (2100)
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
The Student Success Manager is responsible for providing support to online students throughout their program. This position works with our online students from the beginning and throughout their program to guide them through admissions, establishing their plan of study, course selection and registration, serving as a liaison for the campus at-large and finally assisting them in preparing for graduation. Additionally, the Student Success Manager is responsible for proactively identifying areas for process improvement to increase student success and retention and working with the Account Team to develop short and long-term strategic plans for online student service and growth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Proactively reach out to active students each semester to check in and ensure they are on track to meet their educational goals
• Answer inbound questions from all students relating to online courses
• Responsible for student satisfaction and achieving targeted satisfaction scores, as well as student retention through your service and support
• Assist in the development of, and recommend improvements to, all processes, policies, and procedures for online operations, including but not limited to, the transition from sales to student success team, as well as processes to drive improved student satisfaction, retention and success
• Oversee the timely and accurate recording of academic data within the current university management and academic system (Banner) and CPE CRM system (Salesforce)
• Obtain, document, and interpret feedback from our students and make recommendations for specific actions to improve student satisfaction in content and delivery
• Responsible for the efficient utilization of all existing campus support services, and for developing and maintaining open and clear communication, as required, with all campus program directors in support of students
• Organize and manage student related communications, events, and functions
• Assist in the formulation and tracking of the operations budget
• Supervise CPE student employee(s) for the operations team, excluding production student employee
• Assist in interviewing, hiring and training of new Student Success Coordinator(s) and/or operations team members
• Supervise CPE administrative support staff as required
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
• Demonstrated project management leadership experience on cross-functional project teams. Project management or process improvement certificate/coursework preferred.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Administrative experience at a college or university desired
• Demonstrated capability with Microsoft Office suite and CRM software a must. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
• Proven ability to work effectively at multiple levels within the business and academic community
• Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Posting Date: 09/08/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/4963
WPI’s reputation as a rigorous and innovative university rests on the shoulders of its faculty. A highly selective, private technological university and one of the nation’s first, WPI believes that when great minds work together, great advances follow. At WPI the boundaries to multidisciplinary collaboration are low—faculty members, students, and other partners work together on the real-world projects and purposeful research that are hallmarks of the WPI experience. We are most proud of a recent No. 1 ranking for “faculty who best combine research and teaching.” (Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Ed, 2016) Located one hour west of Boston, the university’s campus is in Worcester, Massachusetts, a thriving 21stcentury college city recognized as a growing hub of scientific and technological innovation.