Assistant/Associate Director Director for Teaching, Learning and Inclusion-17001618
Assistant/Associate Director for Teaching, Learning and Inclusion-17001618
This is a full time 12-month appointment at either the Assistant or Associate level based on the candidate's experience.
The Center for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT) at Tufts University is seeking applicants for the newly created position of Assistant or Associate Director for Teaching, Learning and Inclusion.
Tufts University is a student centered research institution. We strive to provide our students with evidence based teaching practices in an inclusive environment that allows ALL students to be educated as citizens in the global world . Our faculty care deeply about their students and their classroom and CELT supports, encourages and leads initiatives to provide faculty with the most up to date ideas, strategies and techniques to become reflective teachers who continually reassess their practice.
This position will be part of a dynamic team engaged in faculty development for Tufts seven schools. Specifically the position will:
- Oversee and develop on-going programming in teaching, learning and inclusion
- Develop additional programming to advance inclusive teaching
- Work with CELT colleagues to infuse the concepts and practices of inclusion into current programming
- Provide teaching consultations with Tufts faculty at all three campuses
- Participate in current initiatives at CELT such as Course Design Institute, Mid-term Feedback, Institute for Learning Assessment and participate in future programming as needed
- Engage in scholarship in the areas of teaching, learning and inclusion
- Collaborate across disciplines on three campuses and partner where appropriate with other departments.
This is an excellent opportunity for a new or seasoned faculty developer to contribute to a dynamic, well-supported teaching center.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in social sciences, humanities, education or related disciplines.
- Ability to develop and coordinate appropriate faculty development opportunities on teaching, learning and assessment practices.
- Knowledge of “best practices” in the field of faculty development.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with diverse populations.
- A creative and motivated self-starter who can develop and implement tested and emerging ideas from the field.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility to participate where needed in programs and activities of the Center.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Prior experience at a Teaching Center.
- Teaching experience at the University level preferred.
- Experience in developing, implementing and assessing faculty development programming.
- Understanding faculty needs in a research/student centered institution.
This is a full time 12-month appointment at either the Assistant or Associate level based on the candidate's experience. The position will report to the Senior Associate Director and work closely with the Director.
Candidates from groups historically underrepresented in faculty development are strongly encouraged to apply.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Ctr for Enhance of Learn&Teach
Employee Status: Limited Appointment
Job Posting: Sep 8, 2017, 3:17:36 PM