MDS Nurse / Charge Nurse
The MDS / Charge Nurse shall have the primary responsibility for fulfilling / overseeing the various components of the MDS assesment process in addition to performing the duties of the charge nurse as needed / scheduled.
The MDS / Charge Nurse shall:
- Gather information on the facility's current patients for future assessment, including physical and mental states.
- Assess charts and communicate with health care teams to create applicable health care plans for their current and incoming residents.
- Coordinate the provision of the facility's services to its residing residents.
- Observe and document the pricing and effectiveness of these services.
- Conduct new resident assessments, such as the Rapid Assessment Process (RAPS), to help stabilize and improve the practices of the facility.
- Provide OBRA (Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1987) assessments to ensure that the facility complies with Medicaid or Medicare standards.
- Act as the main communicator between the insurance professionals and management officials at their facility.
- Perform the duties of Charge Nurse as required / scheduled
- Must have and hold a current valid RN License. (BSN Preferred)
- Must have experience with MDS in a Long Term Care Skilled Nursing setting.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 40 lbs.
Founded in 1961, Windsor Medical Center is Stark County's first purpose built Long Term Care Facility. A boutique facility, Windsor Medical Center has maintained a reputation for excellence by combining cutting edge technology with traditional values to provide world class care. As a local Family-owned business, Windsor Medical Center is an excellent place to live as well as work. Considering joining our team? Contact Windsor Medical Center to find out about all of the great benefits available as a part of the Windsor family.
North Canton, OH
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 06:12:24 PDT